Start a Conversation

Unsolved

September 7th, 2023 07:33

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

March 31st, 2018 10:00

Simple answer is no. You will have to replace the card for dual band wifi. If your talking about 5G Wireless its not even worth it as its a super new standard and nothing is really out for that yet.

March 31st, 2018 12:00

I have virtually the same question and don't quite understand this reply.  Clearly, the wireless card on the Inspiron can be replaced but whether it can be "upgraded" to a dual band card that gets 5g wireless is my question.  This leads to two issues in my mind:

1)  Will the Inspiron 3252 Bios support a 5g card of any type? I understand there may be "whitelist" issues.

2)  If so, is there a specific card, manufacturer and model, that will work?

Not sure what the "nothing is really out for that yet" refers to.  A card?  5G is certainly new-ish but it's not exactly esoteric.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

March 31st, 2018 12:00

Dell doesn't use whitelists -- any card that will fit AND use the same antenna connections in the system should work just fine.

You can't swap in a card requiring three antenna leads (your system probably has two) - other than that, the upgrade will be straightforward.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

March 31st, 2018 14:00

When I was talking about 5G I was referring to either the 5G Mobile standard which is new, or the 5Ghz WiFi standard which is not new.

March 31st, 2018 15:00

Awesome.  Thanks.  Any particular card or any identifying IDs that would suggest a compatible card (beyond simply eyeballing the size and slot for the existing card)?

No Events found!