Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CP

April 1st, 2018 23:00

Inspirion5675 solid amber power button

Turned off normally, rebooted with solid amber light. There are no other diagnostic lights and it does not beep. Psu light is green. Tried unplugging everything and held power button for 20s, did not help. Removed and reinserted the motherboard coin, did not help. It does not display any signal, hdmi or dp. All the fans spin and every cord and screw is in the right place. Also does not light up my kb+m but I can still use it to charge my phone so I have that going for me. Anything I missed?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2018 05:00

According to the Dell manual this suggests a possible power supply failure. 

Solid amber light:

Boot failure: This is a system fault error condition, including the power supply. Only the +5VSB rail on the power supply is working correctly.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 2nd, 2018 07:00

SOLID AMBER = DEAD CPU  DEAD MOTHERBOARD

FLASHING AMBER = BAD POWER SUPPLY where standby 5v is on but PWR GOOD is not asserted.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2018 07:00

The tower lights all turn on, can still use the DVD drive. Wouldn't these not work if it was a power supply? Like it wouldn't just turn off right away? The fans all run, lights on..

April 2nd, 2018 09:00

Hi,

you can try uplug everything(cd rom, hard drive, card reader, gpus or any pci cards.) and if the light flashes again that means bat cpu, psu or motherboard.

No Events found!