Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2020 14:00

Inspiron 24-5490, wireless mouse, keyboard question

So I installed the included Duracell batteries that came with them.  Given that batteries don't always have all their charge my question is How will I know when the batteries in one or the other are getting low?  I noticed after inserting the batteries and turning each device on the LED lit up white for a brief time then shut off.  When I set my keyboard to use the number pad the Num lock light came on for a second or two then shut off (guessing a power saving measure).  My main concern is am I going to be in the middle of something and all of a sudden my keyboard or mouse will stop responding without warning?  I have a Logitech cordless mouse with a dongle that I can use as a back up for a mouse but not so lucky with a keyboard.  

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 16th, 2020 11:00

Thanks, @DELL-Chris M !

@gb755cs  - The manual says (pages 7-8)  when the LED on either mouse or keyboard is blinking amber:

– Battery level is low. Replace the batteries

Enjoy your new PC, and please mark this thread Answered.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 5th, 2020 15:00

Hi,

I would like to know are you using a mouse and keyboard combo.

So, When you say that both keyboard and mouse are not responding does it freezes or is it not responding and then does it start working automatically or do you have to restart the system to make it work.

Also, Do you have support assist installed on the system?

-Vivek

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 5th, 2020 15:00

Do you know which Dell mouse and keyboard models these are?

You might get a red LED on the device when its batteries are getting low...

65 Posts

January 7th, 2020 18:00

It is the Dell wireless keyboard and mouse combo that came with the computer.  Right now they are both working my question was how will I know when the batteries need replacing?  I've used other wireless mice and keyboards before but I've never seen one like these where the lights stay off even when they are turned on.  My friend's computer had a wireless mouse with a clear scroll wheel and when the batteries needed changed the scroll wheel would light up red each time you were using it.

65 Posts

January 7th, 2020 18:00

I do not see anything on the mouse and keyboard that has a model or a serial #?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 8th, 2020 11:00

Look on the paperwork that came with the PC.

I have a wireless Logitech mouse with a green LED on the side. It comes on when I turn the mouse on and then goes off. When the battery is getting weak that LED is red and then goes off.

Logitech frequently makes Dell-branded mice, so maybe your white LED will turn red when it's time...

• 

25.1K Posts

January 11th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

Greetings!

I understand that you might be busy, and hence, you are not able to get back to us. Please drop me a message when you are ready to continue the conversation. 

-Vivek

• 

25.1K Posts

January 15th, 2020 17:00

No worries, you could get back to us at your convenience. We're available 24/7.

65 Posts

January 15th, 2020 17:00

Sorry things have been crazy at work and today my work issued computer was upgraded by their IT and now I have to have them fix it tomorrow I tried to read the paperwork for the mouse and keyboard but the print was too small I have a vision impairment.  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 16th, 2020 07:00

FYI, this PC shipped with the following =

580-AFDF Dell White KM636 (WK636 keyboard and WM116 mouse)

KM636.JPG

No Events found!