Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2019 22:00

Inspiron 3650, SD card, Linux

I bought this computer a few years ago, its the desktop inspiron 3650. It comes with a 5 in 1 card reader aka an sd card reader. Now I haven't used it till today when I bought an SD card to see how that tech works "curious". Well it didn't show up at all or the card reader for that matter. I bought this with windows 10 "which I now hate" and found here that it comes with ubuntu "wonderful". Well I have Antergos Linux on it "runs insanely fast" and am typing this on a usb stick on MX18 and its running in ram and it's instant response as in not a fraction of a second with large programs. 

I've used the lspci command and the reader does not show  up so is there a way to make linux recognize the card reader or is there a download of a driver I don't have to make install "I haven't got the hang of that yet" to  use. Even a way to get a kernel module to load itself as in a terminal code would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the advanced Linux person that can give me and answer hint or a link to what I need since Dell doesn't seem to carry a dell driver in my support page area.  Have a great day everyone.

7 Posts

January 11th, 2019 16:00

I found it, I was searching online and came across a command and tried it. So you can add this to your knowledge arsenal Fireberd to find the SD reader using the command lsusb works since it's not on the pci bus but the usb bus. Just figured I'd let you know and let people know this is solved.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

The card reader, according to the Win 10 driver list for this model is "Realtek RTS5710 Card Reader".

You will have to dig around the various Linux sites to see if you can find a Linux driver for this.

7 Posts

January 11th, 2019 15:00

Thank you Fireberd, that is a lot more information than I had before I posted last night and much appreciated.

No Events found!