Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 23rd, 2018 10:00

Inspiron 3668, no bluetooth

Hello

I have a 3 day old Inspiron 3668 w/ Windows 10.  I was able to add a Bluetooth mouse successfully the other day. It shows up under Bluetooth devices but says "Bluetooth is turned off" underneath it.  When I try to add a new BT device it says "couldn't connect" and to turn on Bluetooth. I see now BT toggle to turn it on/off. Also, it will not allow me to remove the previously-installed BT mouse.

I then successfully installed the following driver: Intel-3160-7260-3165-7265-8260-8265-Bluetooth-Driver_RR0RX_WIN_20.10.0.0_A02 and rebooted a couple times. That did not change anything.

Thanks in advance

temp.jpg

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Well, it really doesn't matter what I am trying to pair because when I click "Add a Bluetooth or other device", then select "Bluetooth", it says "Can't Connect" and to "turn on bluetooth". Also, as stated either it will not allow me to remove the previously paired mouse. (unpairing should be allowed by the PC, not the mouse)

Let me ask this: should there be a Bluetooth on/off switch option under Device>Bluetooth and other devices? I do not have any such switch.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Mice (all that I've seen) come with their own Bluetooth transceiver and do not use the PC's Bluetooth transceiver.

What else are you trying to pair?  There are different levels of Bluetooth and some devices are only compatible with certain Bluetooth levels.

The Dell downloads has the correct Bluetooth driver, best to use the Dell downloads for most devices.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-3668-desktop/drivers

June 23rd, 2018 11:00

Yeah tried that already. There are never any Bluetooth devices listed because for some reason Bluetooth is turned off on the PC. The computer cannot scan for Bluetooth devices because Bluetooth is turned off

Does anybody know if there is supposed to be a Bluetooth on/off switch under Setting>Devices>Bluetooth?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2018 11:00

Here is more from the tenforums.com

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/33807-turn-off-bluetooth-windows-10-a.html

If that still does not work and since its a new PC, best to call Dell support.  If there is some issue only Dell support can get it corrected under warranty.

1 Message

October 2nd, 2018 17:00

Has anyone figured this one out yet? I have the same problem and don't feel like blowing the rest of my day with Dellindia Support.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 3rd, 2018 10:00

@CaptainDrew wrote:

Has anyone figured this one out yet? I have the same problem and don't feel like blowing the rest of my day with Dellindia Support.

If you want free support and parts, that is what is required.

If you want to do it yourself, you can replace the mini-PCIe card or just get a Kinivo USB adapter.

January 16th, 2020 11:00

So after a recent Dell update, my bluetooth went away yet again, and I could not get it back....then I got a Windows 10 update. After that I ran another Dell update and got excited when it said there was an "Intel 3165 and Bluetooth driver update". Ran that, rebooted twice, still no bluetooth. Troubleshooting in Windows says "this device doesnt have bluetooth" (which is why there is no on/off button, setting just says bluetooth is off....and the Action Center does NOT have a bluetooth box at all...)

So I decided to go back to what worked over a year ago....I unplugged it...while the computer was on. I left it unplugged, came back 45 minutes later and plugged it in....VIOALA! Bluetooth is back.

Don't ask me how or why, I just know that it's the only thing that works.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 17th, 2020 09:00

Microsoft disabled bluetooth stacks due to Key Negotiation of Bluetooth or KNOB attack. That requires removing and reinstalling bluetooth drivers then security updates.

You have to do this each time there is a Feature update aka going from 1803 to 1809 to 1903 to 1909 etc.

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/sec19-antonioli.pdf

August 27th, 2020 12:00

. Sven was right. Did what he suggested. Bluetooth is back on. What a  joke.

1 Message

April 5th, 2022 10:00

Dude I love you! This worked for me. Spent 3 hours troubleshooting: restarting the computer, performing updates, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers from Dell, doing an sfc scan for corruption, etc. Turns out that a good 'ole powercycle fixes this issue.

No Events found!