Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2019 02:00

Inspiron 3847, black screen with cursor

So Yesterday i was enjoying myself playing a game (Fortnite to be exact) Then Suddenly My Pc Closed. So I Tried It Up Again It. When it got past the Windows 10 Logo and the loading circle thing (I Have Windows 10) It Would give me another loading circle but its a little more lagger then the first one. Then it would give me a black screen with my Cursor. Only A Black Screen And My Cursor. Then I Booted the pc using troubleshoot mode and chose one that checks if there is any problems with the startup. When it Finished It would restart the pc but it would still give me the same black screen with cursor problem. I had system point for backup tried so i tried using it. it would tell me it loaded successfully so i press restart then it would STILL give me the same Black Screen With cursor Problem. I Tried To open windows 10 using Safe Mode AGAIN when it would open STILL black screen With Cursor. If Someone Knows How To Fix This Issue Please Reply

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 06:00

Windows is corrupted.  AUTO REPAIR NEVER EVER WORKS.

Time for clean install. 

April 23rd, 2019 12:00

Is there a way to install windows 8 but not a clean installation (because i dont want to lose my stuff)

12 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 13:00

Its always Recommended to install a Fresh Copy of OS by deleting all the partitions when we have such issues,But a the data is concerned i will suggest you to do a dirty installation of windows 10 or by Creating a VHD through dskpart and go ahead and retrive data from Windows.Old folder.

Try Google you might get many options for both of the steps, But i would like to warn you that this is complicated process so be carefull or you might loose complete data. or else you can definetly call the customer support team or Dell on Call team to help you with the same.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 23rd, 2019 17:00

Before you get too far...

If you reboot and immediately press F12, can you open that menu? Look for the option to run the diagnostics on that menu and run all of them, including RAM and extended hard drive tests. Copy error message(s), if any.

Assuming no error messages, you might want to try clearing BIOS next:

1. Reboot and immediately press F2 to open BIOS setup
  2. Copy down all current BIOS settings
  3. Power off, unplug
  4. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  5. Open case and remove motherboard battery (check Service Manual for details)
  6. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  7. Reinstall the battery (Time for a fresh CR2032 3-volt coin cell battery?)
  8. Close up and connect mouse, monitor and keyboard
  9. Reboot

If no error messages from the diagnostics and clearing BIOS don't help, then it's time to think about reinstalling Windows. If your files aren't backed up, you could remove the hard drive and install it in another PC as a secondary drive or install it in an external hard drive enclosure that connects to another PC via USB.

April 24th, 2019 13:00

Thanks. I will try that.

No Events found!