Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

12 Posts

October 22nd, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 5675, case upgrade

Hello, 

So far I have taken my base option 5675 and replaced about every part other than the motherboard. The RAM,CPU,GPU AND PSU have all been upgraded and the motherboard that is all that remains other than the original case.I have been doing lots of research and am curious if anyone else on the forum has swapped their components to a new case. I know that the Dell power switch is proprietary but can be modded to work and also I know the rear exhaust fan is also proprietary from what I have heard and will cause issues while booting. So my questions for the forum are as follows, what experience do those have with this model or variant with the case swap? How would I go about modifying the power switch? And how do I remove the rear case fan without issue during boot? And don't tell me to go buy a new motherboard as this one is more than capable. 

12 Posts

October 24th, 2019 08:00

Well since I didn't receive a reply I just went for it, and to be honest it went fairly well.

I was able to remove everything from the Dell case including the wifi card and leads with no issues. I was also able to use the case power button using the first front two pins on the motherboard but it will throw an error at you on start-up that you can bypass by pressing the space bar. The mother board itself fits into a standard case and you can place 6 of the 8 screw holes on the board to the case. The only I/O connection I was able to use was the Blue USB 3.0, the audio was a proprietary plug and I didn't have a card reader in the case to utilize that plug. I was also able to save both strips of blue LED from the Dell case and use them in my new NZXT H510 case. Also the rear 4 pin PWM fan plug will not allow for boot if there isn't anything plugged in BUT it will work without error with a standard 3 pin case fan. This post just goes to show that you can do a lot with the Inspiron 5675 Platform. The PC started as the most base model and I built on as I had money, It originally had the  AMD A-10 9700, 8gb of ram, ATI RX560 2 gb.

But now here are the current specs and pictures of my set up 

Thermaltake 700w PSU

AMD Ryzen 1600

Nvidia 1660 Ti

16 gb of DDR4

Seagate 1TB

Western Digital 256 Gb SSD

Sandisk 120 Gb SSD

NZXT H510 Case

E4gkN2CJVa5XtmBVmZUQw 

798 Posts

October 26th, 2019 08:00

Good work

Prior case swap post on this machine should help you get rid of the error...

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-5675-power-cable-error-message/td-p/5867763 

November 23rd, 2019 13:00

Hey I’m planning on doing this exact same thing with the Dell 5675 mobo ram, and 1600. Just with a mATX case and a gtx 1060, EVGA 450W powersupply and 500gb SSD. Is there anything I should watch out for? Any issues that you encountered that I might as well, and how’d you fix it? Thanks a lot!

1 Message

January 19th, 2020 21:00

Could you post your benchmarks? Im wanting to do the same thing you’ve done to my 5675. Just bought Corsair 32g dominator platinum rgb and I’m looking at what to get next. 

No Events found!