Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

25 Posts

July 9th, 2018 23:00

Inspiron 5675, memory speed, JEDEC 3200

This thread is about 6 months old but I'm having the same issue. In that thread they figured out that the motherboard will read the standard speed. My question is, does anyone know what ram sticks run standard at speeds above 2666MHz without XMP profiles, etc?  Are there even any available? I did some searching around for specifications on retail sites, but haven't had much luck. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 10th, 2018 05:00

Dell advertised that the Inspiron 5675 memory would do 2400MHz. That other thread states that none of the non-validated/non-tested retail memory will go above 2666MHz. Some even lower at 2133MHz. The Fortis gave a higher PassMark Test score than our OEM memory. But Dell cannot know what the long term negative effects on the PC hardware may be by using this non-validated/non-tested retail memory.

25 Posts

September 12th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for the reply.  I apologize for my prolonged absence. I do understand the response and that it's a very manufactured response that must be stated because the machine did not ship with DDR4 higher than 2400. 

However, after doing some reading and specification research.  AMD specifies that the 1700X and the X370 chipset SHOULD support 2667.  Are manufacturers not obligated to meet the advertised specs for the chipsets they are selling?

I sent in a trouble ticket today to Dell tech support to hopefully apply pressure for them to unlock the ability to select that the ram run at the advertised AMD speeds in the motherboard. 

I doubt it will go anywhere, but I did link to that original thread for their engineers to see. I do not think it is right that Dell is selling their product below AMD's manufacturing specifications.  I looked up every X370 motherboard I could find online and could not find a single one that did not have support for 2667, other than the one in my system.

All I would like is for a good honest bios update that allows us to run our purchased products as intended.

No Events found!