Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

February 8th, 2018 22:00

Inspiron 5675, weird front audio jack problem

I got this computer a couple weeks ago and it's the first I've had with only the single audio jack in the front for both headphones and microphone.

The first time I plugged in my headphones, a small window popped up asking what device I just plugged in- headphones or mic. I chose headphones and they worked just fine for a while. A few days later, I plugged in a mic to test it out. Same deal, popup window asking what did you plug in. Mic worked fine.

Now the problem- when I plug in my headphones now, they don't work. Checking the audio playback/recording devices, a microphone device gets added when I plug in the headphones. When I plug in a mic, it shows up as a mic and works fine. So it looks like it thinks my headphones are a microphone now.

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek driver and device from device manager, but no change. I've also tried several headphones, all show up as microphones.

Any guesses? I've been using a USB gaming headset that works fine, but I want to use my light earbuds. This is frustrating.

3 Posts

February 8th, 2018 23:00

OK, never mind- solved it myself about 5 minutes after I posted.

Apparently a program called MaxxAudioPro needs to run at startup and in the background to control the front jack.

I disabled it while trying to un-bloat the startup programs. I re enabled it and the "what did you plug in" screen is back, headphones work again.

1 Message

April 19th, 2018 10:00

Thank you so much. It solves my problem too ~

3 Posts

April 30th, 2018 20:00

I have both running.

1 Message

April 30th, 2018 20:00

Hello There,

When you reactivated maxxaudio, do you also disable realtek audio or keep also running in startup on both? thanks.

11 Posts

November 17th, 2018 19:00

Weird I have Waver Maxx Audio enabled yet the headphones never work when plugged in the front, I even have the latest drivers

11 Posts

November 17th, 2018 20:00

Figures when I ask for help I always solve my issue. I opened Startup Apps in windows 10 and maxx audio was off so I turned it on, even tho it was enabled in the services at start up. Restarted nothing (but headphones were pluged in) unplugged then plugged back in and bam they work.

No Events found!