Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

2 Posts

November 21st, 2019 07:00

Inspiron 5675, will not POST, Dell logo not appearing

My Inspiron 5675 will not POST.  I do not get the Dell logo or the ability to jump into the BIOS.

Everything spins to life, and monitor is confirmed to work (tested with another system).  Keyboard shows it's active and illuminates.

- Tried to unplug PSU for a few minutes, nothing.

- Tried to switch jumper to 1-2 then back to 3-4, nothing.

- Tried removing CMOS battery followed by 30 second hold on the power button (no PSU attached), nothing.

- Tried removing HDD (system boots off the M.2 module) and only have keyboard, mouse and monitor attached, nothing.

Is there an off chance my hdmi port/GC is fried?  The graphics card (RX 570) has display ports, but I have yet to test them.  The GC fan spins, so it's receiving power.

The only thing I did that led to my current situation was replace the M.2 drive with a new one.  I never finished the process and alerted a few BIOS settings during it, and after those changes (I forget what I changed) the non-boot started.  If this was a BIOS issue, I would have thought my BIOS jumper reset and battery removal would have fixed it, but it hasn't.

To boot, my warranty literally expired November 16th. UGH.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

2.5K Posts

November 21st, 2019 08:00

answer 2 based on the Statement

"The graphics card (RX 570) has display ports, but I have yet to test them." ouch. if true.

what does that mean?  

does that mean you dont know the main mobo ports are dead with 570card inserted.

they sure are,

you must use the cards ports, if  not possible (say no DP  monitor) then remove the card now,  (super easy answer)

2.5K Posts

first the dell needs no boot drive of any kind to run BIOS F2, key. ! or to get BIOS screens, or post screens.

and firmware is now dead, (means no power to CPU,) or means the GPU card is dead.

so remove the GPU card and the PC that way,  and see it does work ,right.

to fix any dead PC do the strip down first,  to a min. system. the when it runs or BIOS F2 wakes up after the POST SPlash screen then we can play boot to m2. or  what you want.

that GPU card has x16 clock on back edge be sure, to remove all  Power ac FIRST. Then push power button 3 times or until fans stop twitching the unlock the PCIe GPU and one screw,(if on the Jbraket there is one)

and out comes the card, BIOS sees that and then autoswitches to the CPU +IGPU ports,

good luck with PC,  i presume fans all run , and the Dvd tray button works only the DP port is dead, easy

what to do next right, remove it. the card. always next step this.

2 Posts

So if it is a dead graphics card, how do I confirm that?  I didn't notice another option to hook a monitor to.  I believe there are no discrete graphics on the motherboard.

8 Posts

May 13th, 2021 20:00

I have this system and it came originally with a ryzen 7/1700 and rx580. Since then I've updated it to a ryzen 5 3600 as well as a RTX 3080 (which I'm having Windows booting troubles right now) I think I just will perform a re-install, and try to salvage what I could in terms of files. I know there's a few programs I can use to retrieve my not so important files thankfully.  Anyways whoever mentioned there's a built in Onboard graphics has to be mistaken,  or has a different cpu/ motherboard.  I have the x370 amd version,  I do believe amd came out with integrated cpu's, however I believe they were never part of this bundle I purchased through Best buy in 2016 I believe...I know this might be late.. but I just wanted to give my two crypto cents in on the matter.  Also the x370 is a bit sensitive when you start switching up the ram brands, gpu's, as well as hdmi and display ports, but is a good thing when trying to get back to cmos bios clears etc...

2 Posts

January 15th, 2022 20:00

@BK525 can you confirm the motherboard that you made those upgrades on? I am trying to go from my 1700 to a 2700x and I thought that was the only Ryzen it was confirmed to work.  

When I put it in, I get no video and no seeming POST issues, I.e. the power button is not indicating light code errors. 

8 Posts

January 16th, 2022 01:00

Yes you are correct this board only comes with a 4-pin CPU connector which doesn't have enough power to power up second or third gen any other questions please feel free... 

No Events found!