Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 26th, 2018 21:00

Inspiron One 2305, cannot recover Windows 7 image

I have an Inspiron One 2305 that had Windows 7 on it. I upgraded to windows 10 and lost all functionality like volume buttons, Tv tuner, etc. So I thought I would revert back to Windows 7

The recovery Image is on the D drive but I cannot get into the recovery environment. When I go through the steps such as restart using Shift to get into boot menu, hitting F10 to get to the recovery environment, the computer just reboots back to the main menu. 

I do not know how to recover from the image in D, OR how to get functionality back into Windows 10 as there are no drivers on support.dell.com for either Windows 7 or Windows 10

• 

17K Posts

April 27th, 2018 06:00

Kams01,

Chances are you will not be able to restore the system to Windows 7 if you have had Windows 10 on the system for longer than 30 days, If that is the situation you will need to format and reinstall Windows 7 using the Windows 7 media you created using Dell Datasafe installed on the system.

PC Restore Dell Factory Image Restore

The Dell™ Factory Image Restore tool replaces PC Restore. Access it from the boot menu rather than by using the shortcut.
CAUTION:

This utility formats the operating system hard drive partition prior to restoring the factory image. This means data on that partition is deleted and cannot be recovered.

If the customer creates a second partition with a third-party utility, Dell Factory Image Restore is not affected as long as the image partition is not removed.

DataSafe Local 2.0

Datasafe Local

DataSafe Local Backup provides easy data protection for the PC. It is a safe, simple and reliable local backup and recovery solution that helps protect the PC against software and/or single hard drive failures. This program will provide a Dell branded user interface that is common among the Basic and Premium.

Create System Recovery Media

The system recovery media can be used to restore your computer to the operating state it was in when you purchased the computer, while preserving data files (without the need of the Operating System disc). Customer can use the system recovery media if changes to the hardware, software, drivers, or other system settings have left the computer in an undesirable operating state

A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
It is recommended that customer is advised to create a system recovery media as soon as Microsoft Windows setup is complete.

Customer will require the following to create the system recovery media:

• Dell DataSafe Local Backup
  • USB key with a minimum capacity of 8 GB or DVD-R/DVD+R/Blu-ray Disc™
A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
Dell DataSafe Local Backup does not support rewritable discs.

Factory reset, restore, or reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell computer

Windows 7 drivers for the system can be downloaded from the link below.

Inspiron 2305 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

2 Posts

May 4th, 2018 18:00

So F8 isn't working and I don't have rescue media. There is an image on the hard drive but I don't know how to restore it. I used the key in cloud software but it fails every time. Any other thoughts?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 4th, 2018 21:00

No Events found!