Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

25 Posts

April 27th, 2019 12:00

Non-Dell wireless keyboard/mouse, not working

I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates.

The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse combination both of which I have.
All three keyboards work with the Desktop and laptop but only the Dell keyboard/mouse work with the Dell AIO.

The AIO shows the appropriate wireless receiver in Devices and Printers but the KB and mouse don't work. I, of course, tried the receivers all the USB ports with no luck.

The problem exist also if I boot Macrium's rescue USB as well as a W10 ISO on a flash drive. Each of the other two KB/mouses work just fine in those environments

I will really appreciate help with solving this problem.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 27th, 2019 13:00

That is strange.

If I read your post correctly you have installed the correct USB transceiver for the keyboard/mouse you are trying to use(??).

This might take a clear CMOS (BIOS) to get it working.  However I can't cross-reference 4471 to the correct Inspiron AIO model so I can't give you the exact clear CMOS instructions other than take the back off and locate the CR2032 coin cell battery on the motherboard and with it powered off, remove the battery for at least 10 minutes.  Reconnect and try.

25 Posts

April 27th, 2019 14:00

Thank you.

My bad!  I should have typed 4477 instead on 4471.   Is there a way to backup the BIOS such as with Registry?

I don't have the warm fuzzies about resetting the BIOS.  I don't remember making any changes there but I don't know about the Windows installation.

Thanks again

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 27th, 2019 15:00

4477 doesn't come up in the Dell Inspiron desktop/all in one list.  It doesn't come up doing a search either.  I find a  "3477" AIO model.  Could this be the correct one?

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/inspiron-24-3477-aio/inspiron3477_servicemanual/before-working-inside-your-computer?guid=guid-5d3b1051-9384-409a-8d5b-9b53bd496de8&lang=en-us

If nothing has changed in the BIOS from factory (and Win 10 won't change anything) then resetting won't change anything.  Resetting the CMOS memory is a fairly common troubleshooting tool.

No Events found!