Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2019 16:00

Transfer programs from one 24-3455 to another 24-3455

Is it possible to connect two 24-3455 Inspiron All-In-Ones to each other and transfer everything?

I've backed up the original on an external hard drive. Files won't be a problem. Just wondering if I will have to download all the programs again.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 10th, 2019 16:00

You could try using a file transfer cable.

From the Internet...

Using a Transfer Cable

Another way to quickly transfer files to a new laptop is to buy a transfer cable. It's a USB cable with two male ends that directly connects both computers. These cables usually come with software that quickly moves your data from one computer to another.

https://www.amazon.ca/Plugable-Transfer-Compatible-Computer-Software/dp/B005OTPVMY

4 Posts

November 16th, 2019 04:00

Thank you. I will look into that.

2.5K Posts

November 16th, 2019 07:00

this is totally un clear what you are attempting.

What was backed up ,just install programs, application installers

or did you mirror a whole PC and using what?

first off, if you have router, you can move any fail to any PC on your sublan, this is called SHARING.

there is no need for any kind special cables , I Use Ethernet but you can wifi to the router and do that. wireless.

If you question was (no clue told) I want my INSTALLED applications ,to migrate to 2nd PC, there is 2 answers (besides NO)

1: use this. (EaseUS, Todo, PC trans) this works I've used it lots. and not at 100% ever. see next line.

2: THE ABOVE MAY FAIL, as SOME APPS it checks your PCs  serials inside and fails for new PC. facts.

if any app fails to transfer, only using the old app, COA will work,  you do backup COAs right.?

The only migrates a that work if ever, get  all of  the program files , registry contents for app, and license.

next time tell what you are attempting,  and how. (many licenses will not migrate until you ask THEM)

2.5K Posts

November 16th, 2019 07:00

no idea all what you backed up, not a clue.

that makes answers super hard,

are you wanting to migrate? (all apps)

or just have cache full of installers (like office setup.exe) on the external (HDD/SSD/?)

then all you need to do is move external drive to new pC and do that. install all apps.

I once migrated 100 apps,. using TODO PC trans.  and 99% went but I do have all my COAs. do you.?

I was testing this PCtrans, for just this act. (pure testing) to be sure it worked, and did. (before OS upgrades)

the key facts are licenses,  do you have and own licenses? or just free ware?  IDK what you have.

No Events found!