Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 09:00

Warranty customer service failed

Today is 4-11-2019. My system is under warranty. Serv.Tag. , Express service code , mfg. date 20180515. I reported the laptop style dvd tray became jammed and would not eject any longer. The support person was difficult to understand, and I think he was from India, speaking English as a 2nd language. He insisted that this CD tray issue is accidental damage and I would have to pay for a repair. I didn't expect a tower to have a laptop style CD tray but nevertheless, the support person refused warranty support or repair. Bad business. I'm looking into HP for further purchases for my employer. I have purchased over 100 Dell PC's over the last 10 years or so and I'm sure you will not miss our business but you should be concerned about the good will that has eroded so severely. Dell used to be a top brand and now the products seem average even though the prices are still premium. So sorry to see a brand that used to be an icon become so disconnected and ordinary.

5.6K Posts

April 13th, 2019 12:00

@NTI wrote:

Today is 4-11-2019. My system is under warranty. Serv.Tag. , Express service code , mfg. date 20180515. I reported the laptop style dvd tray became jammed and would not eject any longer. The support person was difficult to understand, and I think he was from India, speaking English as a 2nd language. He insisted that this CD tray issue is accidental damage and I would have to pay for a repair. I didn't expect a tower to have a laptop style CD tray but nevertheless, the support person refused warranty support or repair. Bad business. I'm looking into HP for further purchases for my employer. I have purchased over 100 Dell PC's over the last 10 years or so and I'm sure you will not miss our business but you should be concerned about the good will that has eroded so severely. Dell used to be a top brand and now the products seem average even though the prices are still premium. So sorry to see a brand that used to be an icon become so disconnected and ordinary.

Hate to break the news to you, but HP support is also off-shore unless you buy one of their PCs from one of the shopping networks on TV.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 13th, 2019 18:00

Always include the exact PC model (and version of Windows) in your posts. Service Tags and Express Service Codes are not allowed to be posted on this forum and, as you probably noticed, they were removed by the moderators for your own protection.

Without knowing which PC you have nobody can offer any suggestions to help...

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 14th, 2019 02:00

laptop style dvd tray became jammed and would not eject any longer.

Actually there are software conditions where this could happen.

The way to test this is to remove the data cable from the drive and try ejecting then.

No Events found!