Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2018 21:00

AC power adapter alert, how to disable in BIOS (Dell Inspiron 5559)

Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 5559, and it does not start at all, giving an alert, "The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. Note: This warning can be disabled in BIOS setup". System is not starting and not moving forward and I don't know how to disable in BIOS setup. Any guidance.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

May 4th, 2018 11:00

Note that disabling the message will still cause the system to run at low speed all the time -- it simply covers the error.

First thing to try is unplugging the system, removing or disconnecting the battery and holding the power button for 30 sec.  Leave the battery out and try powering up on AC only  -- if it will, but not with the battery installed, the battery is bad.

If that produces no startup, try a new OEM Dell AC adapter.

If that gets the system going and the adapter recognized, you're set.  If it gets the system going but the adapter is still unrecognized, the DC jack is the next part to replace:

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Cable-Harness-Inspiron-Vostro/dp/B00GX4KK20

If that doesn't get the system going, or the adapter is still unrecognized, replace the mainboard.

Additional video:

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option to chat with a Dell technician.

DELLChrisM_0-1646059536147.jpeg

(edited)

1 Message

July 13th, 2018 12:00

How to disable no battery warning message?

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option to chat with a Dell technician.

Quick Troubleshooting: 

(edited)

September 2nd, 2023 03:51

Same problem! Help please!!

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

January 6th, 2024 13:00

I have same problem. On an Inspiron 16 plus 7620

1 Message

March 12th, 2024 15:42

You can disable the warning in the advanced section of the BIOS set up. Press the F2 key repeatedly when the computer starts up and you’ll get to the BIOS screen.  The Advanced section is towards the bottom; That’s where you can disable the power adapter warning.

No Events found!