Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

April 26th, 2021 08:00

Battery won't charge

I’m having trouble with my Dell computer . A month or so ago, my Inspiron 15 3505 stopped recognizing the charger—the machine would run slowly and would not charge the battery. (I got a message to that effect at startup) I got a third-party charger, which solved the problem for a while, but the problem arose again, Now, I’m in the same situation with the new charger—the machine is slow and won’t charge the battery.

To date, I’ve done the following:

• Run the latest version of SupportAssist several times—nothing was found.

• Done a Repair Install of Windows 10 Home—nothing changed.

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the battery driver—nothing changed.

• Checked in Device Manager for errors—nothing was found.

As far as I can tell, it looks to be a system software problem, since reinstalling Windows didn’t help and both chargers (the original and the third-party) worked at first but then stopped working properly. I don’t know how to proceed from here and would like some guidance.

Thank you,

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 26th, 2021 08:00

Always use a Dell OEM charger.

If it isn't recognized, the system won't charge the battery.

146 Posts

April 26th, 2021 19:00

1. The power mode is set to the best battery maintenance. If it reaches 50%, it will not charge. You can directly modify the power mode to change; the method is to set the power mode to "maximum battery life", so that the laptop battery will continue to be charged status.
2. The battery is damaged and cannot be charged. It needs to be sent to the after-sales service station for inspection and maintenance.

No Events found!