Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

4 Posts

September 12th, 2019 22:00

Bios Password issue

I have old an old Dell inspiron n5110 15r laptop which i bought in 2011 , however in 2016 i stopped using coz i bought a new dell XPS laptop .MY nephew needed a working laptop for his university so i gave him my old laptop but I totally forgot the bios admin password on that laptop .I can still boot to windows but I can't change bios setup because i forgot the admin password of the bios. I want to install windows 10 on it via usb but I am locked out of bios set up page because I forgot admin password .Any help would be appreciated

September 12th, 2019 22:00

Hi 

So what your going to want to do is try to factory reset it so take any data you don't want gone off of it first.

here's what your going to want to do

1. Turn on the computer, after the Dell Logo appears and then disappears repeatedly press the key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  2. From the Advanced Boot Options highlight Repair Your Computer with the arrow keys and press .
  3. Click ‘Next’ and login to your administrator account on the computer. The administrator account is the account created the first time the computer was turned on.
  4. Click ‘Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options’ and follow the prompts provided.

Those are my thoughts.

If you could give some feedback that would be great thanks!

4 Posts

September 12th, 2019 23:00

read carefully again , ur solution is to restore factory image which has nothing to do with bios password .I want to remove admin Bios password from my dell n5110 15r not OS password.

September 13th, 2019 08:00

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

September 13th, 2019 08:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @firstbrickmaster 

Keep within the Law!!!

No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.

Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise work around digital rights management software or hardware. 

https://www.dell.com/community/Tutorials-How-To-s/Game-Rules-amp-Etiquette/ta-p/7238335

I to have programs that will remove/reset all Dell passwords but I do not post them.

It can be grounds for removal from the community.

Dell Support for lost BIOS password:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln314479/dell-support-for-lost-bios-password?lang=en

Best regards,

U2

4 Posts

September 13th, 2019 10:00

thankx for the response but unfortunately this method isn't working aswell

4 Posts

September 13th, 2019 12:00

it is giving error debug is not recognized as an internal or external command , I am using windows 8.1

September 13th, 2019 13:00

I apologize for this  I did not realize I was breaking any rules and will remove thank you for notifying me and I will keep that in mind I am new to this.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

September 13th, 2019 13:00

No problem @firstbrickmaster 

I did the same thing a while back.

I then removed the links to my programs.

Regards,

U2

No Events found!