Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NA

1 Rookie

• 

28 Posts

September 20th, 2022 08:00

Black screen on boot

Lastly, when I turn on my laptop only using the battery, being fully charged, it has the screen in black. All usb and keyboard backlight are working but the screen is in black, so I have to make a brute power off. If I turn on the laptop with the battery charger plugged into the outlet, the screen will turn on also.

I have ran the hardware tests in the SupportAssist application and all they are ok, so, I don't have a clue what else to do.

1 Message

September 20th, 2022 09:00

Since its a laptop, would you mind precising the model of laptop. Because if it's a gaming laptop, the chance of it screens not being connected directly to the main motherboard and all are close

. As a two piece (the screen only connected by the middle bottom this

RoseJJ_0-1663690045229.png

) you need to be careful when opening your screen. The same happen to me, you just need to be careful when opening and close is and open it until it works. Or you could go to a dell place to get it repaired. The electronic connection between the two pieces of the laptop might be dysfunctional and the cord might get damaged when you are not careful when opening the laptop screen 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 20th, 2022 23:00

If you have a black screen from boot, a key step is to check the display connection. It might sound simple, but it's where many black screen problems arise. Remove all your monitor cables and plug them back in to ensure they are all firmly connected. Then make sure your monitor is actually turned on.

1 Rookie

• 

28 Posts

September 22nd, 2022 09:00

I'm sorry, I saw the forum post was linking my laptop model inside the post but now I see isn't right.

It's a Dell G5 5501 with AMD Ryzen 5.

Additionally, while using my laptop suddenly the screen is turning black and I have to force the power off. I check the CPU/GPU temperature and they are in normal ranges.

No Events found!