Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 19th, 2021 17:00

Bluetooth disappeared

Suddenly out of the blue my Bluetooth stops working and disappears from the action center and device manager. I can still see bluetooth whenever I show hidden devices in device manager but I can't do anything about it. Updating driver, restarting PC does not help at all. This is really frustrating and I need it fixed asap. I'm using Windows 10. 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 19th, 2021 17:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

2 Posts

February 27th, 2021 11:00

Have sent in this laptop twice to the depot for repairs. However, they fail to repair the issue.

What the problem is: the leads from the motherboard to the Bluetooth card keep falling off, even without the laptop being moved. It would be an easy fix if they would actually work on it instead of just replacing the card or reattaching the leads. This must be a design flaw as they have put a piece of plastic over the leads to hold them in place but it isn't working.

I guess their technicians are like their phone support, follow a script and ignore the real problem.

Paid $1000 for this laptop in June and have had this same issue ever since. 2 depot repairs and several chat sessions later and the best they can do is having me send it in for another depot repair.

1 Message

March 31st, 2021 09:00

Same problem. Was literally using my mouse with my laptop sitting still on my desk when it stopped working. Have updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, restarted, cussed at the computer, cussed at Michael Dell, nothing works. Bluetooth just up and leaving has been an issue with this laptop since the beginning, but the above-mentioned solutions usually fixed it.

A fix would be appreciated.

June 21st, 2021 18:00

I finally paid the $99 to have a technician call me and try to fix this issue remotely. He was successful. The fix lasted for about 2 hours. If they can't fix their own machines who can. Such a piece of garbage.

1 Message

July 23rd, 2021 06:00

I totally agree.  I'm having the same bluetooth issues; worked one day, not the next.  Also, my network adapter driver all of a sudden disappeared and I had to purchase a network USB to connect to the internet.  No one at Dell seems to be of much assistance.

1 Message

September 6th, 2021 20:00

Is there a fix for this? This has happened to my desktop... no Bluetooth whatsoever

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

September 7th, 2021 01:00

I am just assuming you are all on QCA9377 ?? 

This has been a known bug with this Card though Drivers were released for this issue however they fix it temporarily. 

- Please disconnect power cable  

- Force Shutdown using power button and keep holding it for 15 seconds 

- You will have your Bluetooth back 

However there is no Guaranty how long will it work.  In my case it broke after a few Months.  

Permanent solution : Swap the card with an intel Card

1 Message

December 14th, 2021 09:00

Thank you... Followed lots of advice but this worked...

1 Message

January 4th, 2022 18:00

This worked for me too. many thanks.

February 4th, 2022 09:00

It works!

Thanks a lot.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2022 08:00

Thanks, wish I saw this sooner. Been trying to fix for 2 hours.

1 Message

November 7th, 2022 08:00

Thank you . This worked, but by now shouldn't there be a fix? It gives me a poor opinion of Dell.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2022 07:00

THIS started for me a year after buying in 2016  !!!!!!

November 29th, 2022 10:00

I have an intel killer 1650x and this hard reset is the only thing that brings the bluetooth back online. Is there a listed windows 11 compatible unit to replace it with, or is this one usually ok?

I also found a newer driver listed on intels site

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/16807/757404/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-it-administrators.html

it says it has a windows 11 compatibility "

• Driver package 22.180.0 has been validated to support Microsoft Windows 11* 

1 Message

April 25th, 2023 23:00

Not sure why this isn't the accepted answer since several people have said it worked, including myself.

My uninformed guess as to what happened was static electricity funked up the Bluetooth device. I had been shocked by it moments before and the fact that unplugging it worked, but not just shutting it down, leads me to believe it had something to do with grounding it. Or something. I am not a computer engineer!

No Events found!