Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

August 20th, 2020 13:00

Bottom case rubber foot peeled off and got lost

Thousand euro Inspiron 7501, 2 month in use, bottom case rubber foot peeled off and got lost.

I was hoping new inpiron in 2020 will be better with the rubber feet than my previous dell Inspiron 5570 which was a disaster (worst laptop chassis ever), not so much.

This is ridiculous, Dell, please, check the manufacturing process. 

My advice would be to super glue it as soon as you get dell laptop or you'll risk to lose back cover rubber feet.

7501.jpg

• 

17K Posts

March 2nd, 2022 08:00

Update =Resolved- After completing troubleshooting, a DELL-Cares agent setup a part replacement.

• 

25.7K Posts

August 20th, 2020 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

August 20th, 2020 19:00

DELL Support answer:

DELL is not liable nor responsible if you misplaced the rubber feet. The rubber feet do not affect in any way the performance of the internal hardware and it is not required for the components to work. Any damages on the outside of the computer: scratches, bumps, loose rubber feet or the like are considered merely cosmetic.

I did NOT misplaced it, it fell off on it's own, it is a design flaw and DELL is responsible for it if their products are falling apart less than 2 months after selling. This is a premium laptop and people like me pay extra for good looking device. I did NOT buy hardware and components, I paid for a laptop and if something falls off of it due to cheap glue, it is not working properly, devalued and aesthetically not pleasant to use. DELL advertises on their website: "Shop the best laptops" and "Featuring premium materials" and "Designed to be the best", if this is the best they can do, I am greatly disappointed!

2 Posts

May 18th, 2021 18:00

Same problem.  No help from Dell Support

3 Apprentice

• 

559 Posts

May 19th, 2021 10:00

You can always buy replacement rubber feet with adhesive on them at a hardware store, but it won't match the profile of the one that got misplaced. It would be good enough to prevent the laptop from sliding around on the desk.

I never heard of the original rubber feet peeling off after only 2 months of use. Usually it takes at least a few years of normal use for them to start peeling off. Sounds like bad or not enough adhesive was used.

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2021 05:00

Same as mine. I got my Inspiron 5501 and just after 2 to 3 months it got peeled off already. I hope dell can address this. 

1 Message

December 27th, 2021 18:00

I have the same problem with my wife's Inspiron 5501.  Where can I order replacement feet?

1 Message

February 19th, 2022 01:00

Same problem with my inspiron 5515. Lost the rubber feet within 3 months. Cannot find a replacement. 

1 Message

March 23rd, 2022 08:00

Same issue on my 3 month old Inspiron 16 plus (7610) - the chassis gets so hot that the adhesive softens.  I've lost both Grrrr.....

March 24th, 2022 23:00

Worst reply with customer care. It is just three months for my new laptop and facing a Hinge problem earlier and not foot is missing. They are asking me to go to dell service center for rectification. such a worst product they are manufacturing now.. i am using 3 other brand laptops also at home and never faced such problems.

Me too same issue and they will not respond to this.. never expected from DELL.

We should search for the item  and it will not be available. such worst response from dell.

2 Posts

May 4th, 2022 07:00

How did you solve this?

Did dell replace it?

They offering me £100 to go away, but I just want a replacement foot.

2 Posts

May 4th, 2022 08:00

Dell are now PM'ing and saying its not a warranty issue.... although they've already offered £100 or to replace the whole machine. Make your mind up. All I want is a replacement rubber foot sent in the post  - this is crazy.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 15th, 2022 15:00

Dell - will you send me some rubber feet too? 
Our old laptops had full width strips that fell off. The new ones have the two feet at the front and they fall off.  Seems the heat softens the glue and then they go walkabout.
Given how many of us are having the same problem, maybe going forward, you could enclose some spares in the box with new laptops, like my wif gets spare heel tips with her shoes?

No Events found!