Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

April 15th, 2019 21:00

Cant boot SSD+HDD on Inspiron 15 5567

Hi, thanks in advance, so I have Inspiron 15-5567, got an 256 SSD and a Caddy, cloned the HDD to the SSD, installed the SSD on internal bay and put the 1tb HDD on the caddy/DVD drive.

Reboot the pc and it won't start on the SSD, not even appeared on BIOS, and if I pressed the f12 can't boot on SSD or HDD. So I thought maybe the cloning process went wrong, so I tried fresh install of Windows 10 on SSD, but it was impossible, the USB wont boot, tried to turn off the safeboot and still wont go on Windows or fresh install of Windows 10.

So I have another laptop, format the HDD, thought it might be the problem, but still nothing. The thing is, I removed the HDD off the DVD bay, and I was able to do a fresh install of Windows 10 without any problem, restart the pc and goes on Windows amazingly fast, BUT if I put the HDD caddy/DVD cant go on SSD, not even with f12 or f2 cause the SSD wont appear.

Thanks for any advice

April 16th, 2019 08:00

UPDATE: Just borrowed 500gb HDD and put it on the caddy, works great, Just got on Windows SSD and the HDD appears on Windows as other unit, does the BIOS remember the SN of the HDD and wont let me boot windows from another SSD if that same HDD is connected? Im so frustrated right now hahaha, and the original Laptop HDD is working, according CrystalClear

2 Posts

February 5th, 2020 04:00

I have the same problem, if I install 2 hard drives, then the second one does not work properly. It started after some bios update a year or more ago.

Help me please. Thanks.

2 Posts

February 5th, 2020 04:00

I want to add more information.

The fact is that I want to put the second Ubuntu Linux system on the second hard drive (which is installed in the DVD drive). But because of this problem, I can’t. No other system is can not installed, any other too Windows, Linux.

No Events found!