Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

September 30th, 2018 04:00

Dell 7559 white rectangle on screen when turned on

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell 7559 laptop which I have purchased and have been using for about 2 years and 9 months already. Recently, when I turn the lid down it will of course go to sleep mode but then would not be able to turn on again if I press the keyboard until I force to turn on and off the power button. When it does turn on, it will show a white circle  rectangle on the screen (please see attached image) but eventually this white circle would go away altho it would take time for my laptop to recover (It will usually have black screen for quite sometime until it will show the white circle and go back to normal). I am afraid that my laptop would die out soon. Also, there are some issue on the power brick as it says not compatible from time to time (attached is the image as well). I am afraid that the issue could be the motherboard. I am reaching the end of the semester for my studies and I'm afraid that my laptop would die out soon.

Do you have any idea what could be the issue? I would appreciate any help from this forum.

Thanks 20180930_190515.jpg20180930_190715.jpg

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

October 1st, 2018 05:00

Run a screen self-test (hold D through powerup).  Does the same fault show?

For the other issue, first try a new OEM Dell adapter.  If it isn't recognized, replace the DC power jack:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=20734

And if that doesn't get the adapter recognized, replace the mainboard.

2 Posts

October 1st, 2018 07:00

Hi! Thanks for the reply. When I do a self-screen test, which I did a couple of times when it happened, it didn't gave any problems. The adapter issue isn't also showing any problems so far. I just wonder why this happen intermittently especially when my laptop when to sleep mode. I just want to catch possible issues ahead, if I may need to consider replacing the motherboard, or anything.

1 Message

January 24th, 2020 06:00

@JJGDJ I have the same problem right now. Did you find a solution? Thanks. 

1 Message

February 18th, 2020 19:00

Same problem. I have tried to update my bios but it still happens. Read about the blinking status light when boot up. 2 amber and 7 white meant lcd fault. But the white ring will fade out once you're using the laptop. I hope the issue is just the lcd wire only. Dont want to buy a new lcd just yet. 

March 5th, 2021 09:00

Hi, same issue here! My laptop was on sleep mode and when I returned, this halo appeared... Inspiron 7559 15 gaming....

Any (cheap) solution?

(It appears thats fadding out with time... praying to full recovery...)

IMG-20210305-WA0027.jpeg

April 22nd, 2021 03:00

hey

This has happened to my dell inspiron 14 5485 about 10 minutes ago.

It was also on sleep mode.

I am sure I have left it on sleep mode a lot of times.

i don't understand why it happened now.

I am thinking of visiting the dell shop and see what they can do. I still got my warranty active so I hope they can fix everything.

1 Message

September 23rd, 2022 10:00

Anyone found a solution for this?

It just happened to me after i updated the bios and the system git trapped in a rebboting loop for few minutes ... then the screen looked like attached

20220923_180929.jpg

October 3rd, 2022 10:00

Hey there!

First of all, I´m brazilian portuguese speaker, so, maybe my english is bit rusty, so anyway...

I have the SAME problem. I tried everything by software without sucess.

My screen was looking like this:

IMG-20210305-WA0027.jpeg

The problem was one flat cable that conects the screen to the mainboard, that was broked in some part when I, repeatedly over 2 years, opened or closed the notebook lid. So it was necessary to replace it.

The cable look like this:

lcd-flat-cable.jpg

And done! All things come to normal.

That's it! Good luck dude!

Julio.

October 3rd, 2022 10:00

Oh! I forgot to say that my other post about this subject also helped other people:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-15-7559-screen-fades-around-the-edges/m-p/7893050#M120003

Good luck!

No Events found!