Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Y

2 Posts

August 29th, 2020 02:00

Dell 7577 Display Issue

I have a gaming laptop. Dell 7577. I have been facing 2 problems after using this laptop for a year now. 

1. Heating issue: When i play CS GO even on the low settings my laptop heats up a lot. I tried MSI AfterBurner to undervolt but didn't work.
  2. Display Issue: I

have attched a photo of my laptop screen. It happened 6 months before. Out of blue on my laptop screen i can see some giggling dots and then when i play some game or my laptop heats up a pink bar from bottom of the screen rises up and then screen binks. When laptop cools down bars is still visible but only sometimes and those dots are there. So i decided to use my laptop as a CPU and connected a external monitor to it and after 1 month when i unplugged my laptop from HDMI i saw the Display was fixed and working properly. And now after 6 months It's happening again.

Please suggest me what to do as i think it's something related to software and not hardware.

20200829_150238.jpg20200829_151339.jpg

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

August 29th, 2020 04:00

If the system has been used for a year or more, it likely needs a thorough internal cleanout  -- remove all dust inside.

As for the display, the next time it shows the fault, run a screen diagnostic (hold the D key through powerup).  If the same fault shows, you have a screen that's going bad.  If not, the issue could be a driver - or could be an issue with the wiring harness or a failing GPU.

August 31st, 2020 20:00

So i ran Diagnostic test and found nothing and tried to fix it via different ways but unable to fix it so i took my laptop to local shop and replaced the screen and also cleaned up my laptop. It had a lot of dust and also i asked them to put some thermal paste as well. And now Heating issue as well as screen issue is resolved. 

only problem now is that screen quality is not good. It’s HD display not full HD. Can someone suggest me a good FHD panel which fits into 15.6 inch 30 pin connector laptop. 

thanks

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 1st, 2020 03:00

Check with parts-people.com if you're in the US.  You can't simply buy a screen on connector and resolution - notebooks will work only with those screens they're coded for at manufacture.  You need a model that the system will recognize (and may also need to replace the display wiring harness, which is often different for different resolution screens).  They can tell you.

No Events found!