Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

K

1 Message

March 28th, 2023 01:00

Dell Command | Update has been detected; Dell Command | Update cannot be installed

So, it's funny that this software seems unaware of ways to update itself when starting the installer.

I have tried to uninstall "Dell Command | Update", but that uninstall process was interrupted. Now I have a system, "Dell Command | Update" is not in the list of installed programs, but "Dell Command | Update" still thinks it's installed.

I already found the installation folder and deleted it - I also searched the registry for "Dell Command | Update" and deleted all I could find about it - but still, the installer tells me it's there.

How does the installer detect an old version? Can I delete something else, so I don't have to wipe and reinstall Windows?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 28th, 2023 07:00

kanyewestnewmerch9,

To receive assistance from Dell support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Provide to them the private Service Tag and all of your troubleshooting.

1 Message

September 7th, 2023 10:44

Hi together,

i have exact the same problem... it seems to be, it uninstalled everything but u cant install a new version. do you have an solution for it? is there maybe an uninstall tool or cleaning tool for command update?

Kind Regards 

David

No Events found!