Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 22nd, 2018 22:00

Dell Diagnostics Audio Test stuck

I have a dell inspiron and I got a message that said that I needed to optimise my system, like from dell support assistant. So I did, I ran the tool and when it got to hardware scan it wouldn’t run. I looked for it, and it’s apparently a very common issue. So then one person says “run the diagnostics from boot mode like press f12 on the dell symbol” and it will be more accurate and it will be better. So I do it, and then the color lines show up and everything, but when I get to the audio test. It starts and it hasn’t stopped, it’s been a couple minutes and the noise is still on. It is super loud. Please help!!! Can I just turn it off? What should I do? Did I break something? What happened? I don’t know what to do.

November 23rd, 2018 06:00

Now I have a bigger problem, I left it running overnight. I didn’t think there would be an issue, worst case scenario it would continue beep. I was wrong. In the morning I trued to turn it on and when I clicked the button it would just make a small noise and shut off again. 

Edit: I took out the battery for a couple minutes and then put it back in, after I put it back in it worked.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 23rd, 2018 05:00

Cookie1251,

You can turn the system off if the diagnostics is locked up on the audio test.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 23rd, 2018 06:00

Cookie1251,

What is the computer model and the OS installed? We need this information in order to continue to troubleshoot the issue. For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Identify Your Dell-Service Tag Location

No Events found!