Inspiron

Last reply by 05-29-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell G15 5510 Game Shift?

Hi all,

i recently received the new G15 gaming laptop. Mine didn’t come with the gaming key, so I can’t use the game shift feature when I want to boost my fans. I actually wished I had spent the extra £20 to get the RGB keyboard option but they didn’t do that with a UK keyboard layout. So anyway my question is really that as I don’t have that key, is this feature lost to me now? Pressing Alt F9 does nothing. Other than that I am really pleased with the laptop. It offers a great deal for the price. 

Replies (7)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi, i have this laptop and try with fn + F9 or only F9, sorry for my English im from Mexico 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi! You have Game Shift feature even without G-key on F9! In order to work you have to install first Alienware Command Center Application and then Alienware OC Controls Application. Pressing F9 or FN+F9, depending on your BIOS settings, will launch G-mode!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Could you please tell me how you solve it? I have no G mode button on F9.

thanks

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have a 5510 but my G key is F9 and it doesn't do anything either....

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hey, did you know that you can change the shift mode even when Game Shift is off?

In order to get started you need to install the Command Center and then Control Center applications. In Linux, pressing F9 or FN+F9, depending on your BIOS settings, will launch G-mode.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor