Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2018 23:00

Dell G3 15 (3579) makes strange noises

I have discovered in my Dell g3 15 strange noises when it working. When charger is plugged on, i can hear squeaks and rustles from inside. This sounds connected with CPU and HDD utilization. Also when laptop working from baterry and standing in sleep node, it generates high-frequency noise. This sound reminds me squeakung of chokes like in desktops. Besides that, my laptop working as well, pass all of tests, don't become too hot on games, and average FPS is near 110. If everyone know, what it is, please contact me)

9.4K Posts

September 14th, 2018 04:00

Sonik_Master,

If the noise is only as loud as you've stated, then there's no worry, your system should be fine.

If the noise level increases to where it's noticeable in the areas I mentioned before, then contact Tech Support in your country for further troubleshooting. 

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks. 

9.4K Posts

September 11th, 2018 08:00

Hi Sonik_Master,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you run diagnostics just to make sure that there isn’t a failure with the hardware.  Please run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages and post back.

How loud is the noise? How far away from the notebook can you hear the noise? Can you hear the noise in a loud office or over playing music? How often do you hear the noise? Can you duplicate the noise at will (like certain programs or key presses) ?  

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

September 11th, 2018 23:00

Hello, Dell-Robert, i have already tested it with dell support-assist, and all of hardware successfully passed it. I also tested hardware manually, but all of it passed successfully. I also tested it with AIDA64 stability test - every hardware was running of it's best. I think, it's just a kind of pecuilarity of this laptop).

As for this sound - I can hear it only whien i'm sitting in quiet room, when laptop is idle, or when HDD is working. When I play games etc. i can't hear it - cooling fans working louder than it. I also can hear it when my notebook fully charged, but charger plugged it it.it's hard to hear this sound when laptop running from baterry.

I hear this sometimes, not everytime. Sometime's it's loud, sometimes not. It depends of  CPU utilization.Not long ago I discovered, that this sound make chokes on CPU power circuit. Despite this, my cpu can successfully make videos at HD quality on Vegas PRO, does not heat up and successfully accelerates it's frequency.

I bought it month ago, and i happy using it. I just want to know, if this sound will affest at my laptop's perfomance - i'd like to know, what i need to do, if not - just tell me not to worry about.

If you needed:

I'll add a photo of the place where the squeak comes from

IMG_20180912_092012.jpg

My CPU:Core i5 8300H (2.3-4.0gHz)

My GPU:GeForce GTX1050

My RAM: one SODIMM 8gb 2666mHz

My ROM:1-St1000lm035 1tb

2- SanDisk x600 128gb

If you needed, i'll add service tag later, i haven't ability do it now. Just can say - i have 11 month of warranty.

Thank you)

1 Message

April 30th, 2022 14:00

I have the same problem except my screen won’t turn on and by keyboard is lighting up then turning off again. Also my hdd is making a noise as if its starting to work then stop. I’m pretty certain that the start up instructions are on the ssd.

No Events found!