Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2019 09:00

Dell G3 3579 - keyboard not registering all keys typed

Out of the box, my new Dell G3 3579's built in keyboard has been consistently slow and not registering all the keys that I type. I first noticed this when asked to enter in a user password on system setup. Attempting to type on notepad does the same thing. It just refuses to keep up. External USB keyboards work just fine, as I'm typing on one right now.

I type around 90-100wpm and it's incredibly frustrating when this is the one aspect of the laptop that isn't working.

Below is the above sentence but typed on the laptop's keyboard:

I type around 90-100wpm andi 't sincredibly frustrating whn this i the one aspect ofthe laptop that isnt working.

I've dug around on this forum for help as to what it might be. I've tried changing CPU power management settings as many users suggest, and I can't downgrade the BIOS (my current version is the latest, 1.10). My main suspicion what might be the main cause of this problem is the BIOS. All of my other drivers have been up to date. It might even be a keyboard defect.

I'm interesting in hearing others' input on the issue before contacting support to possibly send in my laptop for repair/replacement.

3 Posts

August 17th, 2019 07:00

Returning the laptop for a refund.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 9th, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order. I will be glad to look into this for you.

Does this issue persist every time you use the system or is it intermittent?

Do you have any docking station connected to the system?

Since the issue is not observed with the external keyboard, it could be an issue with the hardware as well.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 21st, 2019 13:00

Hope you are doing fine. We haven’t received any response from you. Feel free to reach out to us, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks, 

Sreejith

No Events found!