Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

February 15th, 2019 11:00

Dell G5 5587 Sound issues

Every time a sound starts , starts at 200% of normal volume making my embedded speakers tremble and make fuzz noise. After 3-4 seconds the sound volume goes down to normal 100%. I installed the latest driver for all devices (support manager) but it fixed nothing. I am concerned about my speakers' health. Does anyone face the same problem after any recent update? What are the possible solutions? TIA!  

• 

16.7K Posts

February 18th, 2019 04:00

Nick8k,

Click the links below for troubleshooting and resolving audio issues.

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

Audio and Speakers

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2019 11:00

The problem is based on the newest realtek drivers. I rolled back the drivers and sound works fine until the next autoupdate.. Hope they fix it soon and upload a stable version.

1 Message

February 18th, 2019 20:00

Can DELL work with Realtek to get this fixed ASAP? I have this laptop for a week and it's driving me crazy!!! My external speakers worked perfectly with HP and Acer laptops. With this G5 5587, it pops really loud every few seconds. On top of that, one of the right USB ports is not reliable at all (I have a Logitech dongle for my keyb/mouse) - mouse movements become sluggish for a few seconds while the trackpad works fine. And, sometimes, when Windows go to sleep it has the Sleeping Beauty problem, where it just can't wake up. Have to turn it off and then back on. So many issues with a brand new laptop.... :( Thank you, Alan

1 Message

March 2nd, 2019 11:00

I am having the same issue, right after the last update yesterday. I'm quite annoyed because it ruins anything I open, extremely loud, then normal.

29 Posts

March 7th, 2019 16:00

I had the same issue. I found that if I uninstalled the Realtek driver (reboot required), that the older Windows 10 driver was installed and that fixed the loud/soft issue.

glen

1 Message

March 18th, 2019 20:00

you are not alone, I've faced the same problem since last time driver update. it's very very very very  annoying . do you have solution for it now?

12 Posts

April 5th, 2019 19:00

Hi, 

I have the same problem after installing the Feb 1st update -- The audio with Maxx Audio enabled is way too loud, maybe 300% and with it disabled, the sound is VERY low..

12 Posts

April 5th, 2019 19:00

Can someone please share the previous driver so I can roll back?

6 Posts

April 10th, 2019 03:00

I have the exact same issue. The Realtek drivers are not easy to find. Can someone provide a fix for this? Maybe a link to the proper drivers? I don’t have the option to roll back in device manager. Thanks

6 Posts

April 14th, 2019 07:00

Could you please provide a link to older working drivers. Or could at least someone from Dell acknowledge the issue, and provide the people that bought your devices with some feedback?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 15th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. What is the current version on Realtek driver installed?

Is it 6.0.1.8619, A02?

Open Waves MaxxAudio application, under playback, disable MaxxBass     & disable playback enhancements.

Does this happen irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.    

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

April 17th, 2019 05:00

I have the same issue. Every new sound after silence starts very loud and gets back to normal level after a few seconds.

6 Posts

April 17th, 2019 06:00

So how I fixed the issue on my G5 was to go into device manager, expand sound, video and game controllers and right click Realtek audio. Then select update driver, browse my computer, pick from available drivers and uncheck show compatible hardware. Then you want to select the previous driver version, click next and follow the install prompts. For me it was driver version 6.0.1.8397 from 3/13/18. Also uninstall maxxaudio, it’s garbage with the new version driver and doesn’t work at all with the older one. I did notice that my sound seems quieter than it should be and I now keep it around 75%, but the clipping and wildly varying levels went away and overall the quality is greatly improved. Hope this works for you since dell and Realtek seem to have no motivation to correct an issue that affects literally thousands of customers. If these specific steps don’t work for then I wish you luck. Realtek changed their format and finding exactly the right driver was all but impossible for me. Have fun :)

9.4K Posts

April 17th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. What is the current version on Realtek driver installed?

Is it https://dell.to/2UkTnIK19, A02?

Open Waves MaxxAudio application, under playback, disable MaxxBass     & disable playback enhancements.

Does this happen irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not?

6 Posts

April 17th, 2019 12:00

That link is useless, just takes me to dell homepage, no drivers listed and I’m pretty sure I listed the version I’m using in my post so I’m really not sure this isn’t just an automated repose. The content is verbatim to a previous response from you, the links are busted and I answered at least one question in my post, the driver version I’m currently using. As this is a gaming (sort of) laptop I’m always on ac power so the throw away response that it’s an intended power saving feature isn’t going to work here. My fix works. The current drivers are **bleep** and maxxaudio is terrible software. Good luck to all having this issue

No Events found!