Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2019 15:00

Dell G5-5590 Oc controls.

So there was a new Alienware OC controls driver released for the new G lineup with added thermal and fan control. The thing is every time I try installing the driver I get this weird 0x80070643 fatal error during installation. 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

is there any solution? 

Laptop Dell G5 5590. 

32 Posts

June 9th, 2019 01:00

I got it fixed, I did a fresh install of windows with the online support assist recovery tool( press F12 on start up). Then I did all windows updates and updates provided by the dell app. I had to physically remove my hard drive because I didn't know it it formats the data drive too. So if someone could tell us if the dell recovery tool formats the data drive too.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 28th, 2019 10:00

Hi mino1337,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

You may need to uninstall the whole program and reinstall it.  Here are a couple of posts that may be helpful:

https://dell.to/30KSrSx...

https://dell.to/30SdPoL

32 Posts

May 28th, 2019 16:00

Hi Robert, I already googled the problem and did everything in those threads. I did a fresh windows install but the problem still persists. Some suggest that one should contact support but somehow certified technicians don't know that intel's display driver has nothing to do with keyboard problems that's why I avoided that because I don't really want to install dell support assist and do the useless system check that keeps on telling me I should update my display driver with an obsolete driver version and then failing. Btw dell's support assist is so bad that it causes regular stutters. So it would be really helpful to find a working fix here.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 29th, 2019 03:00

Did you try running the diagnostics without using SupportAssist by pressing F12 at startup to check for hardware issues?  

32 Posts

May 29th, 2019 14:00

Yes and there are no issues

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 30th, 2019 04:00

Can you send your service tag number in a private message?  Thanks.

August 21st, 2019 08:00

Does using the Alienware Command Center to undervolt the CPU/overclock the GPU void the warranty? Im just curious. It doesn't seem too safe to me.

32 Posts

August 21st, 2019 14:00

@Strikerfuler you can't overcklock or underclock when using AWCC with a g series laptop.

August 21st, 2019 17:00

Then why does it offer installing it every time I open it?

October 11th, 2022 09:00

I was having trouble instaling oc controls too tried dozen of times and always same error on start...solved it randomly by myself.what I did is that after dowloading the driver I didnt click on install as usual but I extracted it first and It worked.

No Events found!