Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

September 26th, 2019 13:00

Dell G7 15 - 7588

Hi, I would like to know if a Samsung SSD 970 Pro is compatible with my laptop, and if it is compatible how do I change the SSD...

Also, I want a clean and complete instalation of my Windows 10 but withouth losing my Dell register, I read that I could use Dell OS Recovery Tool to get my Windows + Dell things but it is a clean Windows 10 installation or just a copy from my current system?

Thanks un advance.

1.5K Posts

September 26th, 2019 15:00

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook.

I would just Clone your hard drive to the new SSD  MR Reflect works very well for this  check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClr3FPg4_4

If you having an issue other than a failing hard drive you can repair window using DISM Tools Nowadays the only reason to clean install is if you get infected with a Virus, most malware can be gotten rid of.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2019 17:00

But I don't want to clone my system, I want a fresh install on my new SSD, working perfectly fine and with my Dell things, is there any way to do that?

1.5K Posts

September 26th, 2019 19:00

Sure Clone to your SSD then do a factory restore, there's your new SSD and fresh Dell OS as it came from the factory. and all the updates you'll be doing to both  Windows 10  and your hardware drivers. I would advise downloading them all before you get started that way you'll have them ready to go.

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual I believe you'll find how to do a factory restore there in the Service manual.

Maybe this link will help you. Cloning is the quickest way even if your windows need repair https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

No Events found!