Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

4 Posts

February 19th, 2019 10:00

Dell Inspiron 1564 does not turn on

Hi Everyone I have been using my dell inspiron 1564 laptop since 2010. It was working fine until yesterday when it suddenly stopped powering on. when I press power on push button nothing happens, no LED even blinks, it seems like laptop is dead and is not responding to anything. I removed the battery and applied power through AC adapter then only battery LED turns on for a second and then truns off. This happens every time I put adapter cord into DC jack. I have disassembled the laptop and checked that voltage on the DC jack connector pins on motherboard is 19.5V. I even checked the BIOS battery voltage that is 2.8V as I was doubtful about it because my laptop was not showing me correct date and time for quite a while. Please tell me any further tests that I can perform on my motherboard before I get it replaced? Please tell me is it really motherboard fault ? Thank you all Hammad saif

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 19th, 2019 13:00

Do not replace a motherboard or anything else on a 9 year old laptop. It has served you well but it would be a waste of money to do any repairs on it. Put the money towards a new computer.

February 20th, 2019 10:00

Hi Mary G

Thanks for your reply. I am also considering the same option to abandon my laptop but then I get the second thought that getting a new motherboard will make my laptop as good as new because I have no other issues in this laptop. Replacing only motherboard more economical solution then replacing the laptop. Please tell me why do you think I should not invest in replacing motherboard only? Any technical reasons? 

No Events found!