Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

November 3rd, 2019 15:00

Dell Inspiron 7370 Realtek Audio driver breaks audio output

About a year ago I had an issue with the most recent audio driver for my laptop where audio (from the speakers) would be really high pitched while playing games (and only while playing games), and headphones wouldn't work at all. Now game audio seems to work, but headphone output doesn't work at all. Ever. I've tried with 3 different sets of headphones/earbuds/speakers and none worked (keep in mind they did work on all my other devices so it isn't a hardware issue).

Only way to fix it is to install the old driver. Doesn't seem too bad until you realize you have to do this about once every 2 days because windows update keeps automatically installing the new driver. The driver installer has a permanent home right on my desktop because it gets launched so often. And no, there is no way to disable automatic driver updates in windows 10 Home (what I have installed on it at the moment), so I'm considering upgrading my windows license if dell doesn't fix this issue. And yes, It even blocks manual disables through command prompt.

What really  though is having to restart my computer every single time the driver installs. It's a hassle having to reopen stuff that I had open before, and I've lost documents that I was editing in MS word because of this.

Might have to call dell sometime and see if they can't figure this out.

Note: bluetooth headphones still work fine.

No Responses!
No Events found!