Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 4th, 2018 05:00

Dell Inspiron 7572 CPU temperature high 60 C while browsing

I bought the Inspiron 7572 about a month ago. Recently, from 3 days back, I notice that the underside of the laptop gets hot and the fan starts even while browsing the internet. The fan starts running as soon as i start the laptop. So, I installed a third party software to monitor the CPU temperature and, its always in the 55-65 C range. I can fee the warmth of the keyboard portion just above the fan. The CPU load is within the 15-35 % range. Is this normal? One thing I do like to mention is that the temperature outside is really hot ~100 F, while the room temperature is around 75-80 F. What should I do to keep the temperatures low, is it a problem with the computer? 

1 Message

December 23rd, 2018 09:00

Even i have same problem, I think this model itself have some problem because I am using HP laptop from last 3 years I never felt this much hot even 90% of CPU usage

• 

25.7K Posts

December 25th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for reaching out to us. As the system is heating up, I’d like you to run the basic hardware diagnostics to check the hardware functionality of your system. This video has instructions on how to run the test: dell.to/2gEuPZz

After you run the test, let us know if you receive any error messages or error codes. Ensure that the laptop charger is connected while you initiate the diagnostics. 

Please let us know whether there were any software or hardware changes on the system so that we can check and assist you.

Also, for my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

- Ravi

1 Message

March 14th, 2019 11:00

Yes. I agree. This laptop HEATS a lot. Even while using simple apps this HEATS. Even if I keep the laptop idle, still it HEATS. I am ANGRY at dell for this. Will not recommend this laptop.

July 6th, 2020 06:00

If you are willing to compromise on the performance then go ahead and disable turbo boost. This will lower the temps for sure also try to keep it in better performance mode.

No Events found!