Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

7 Posts

November 9th, 2018 13:00

Dell Laptop will not turn off! (Black Screen) Inspiron 5577

I've seen this issue posted on the web, but no one can say what is going on. 

I purchased this Dell Laptop back in Febuary of this year. In March I began having this issue where suddenly the keyboard will stop working. I click on shut down and it hangs on a black screen and will not turn off. Only solution is to pull the battery from under the laptop and when I turn it back on it works just fine. Last time I contacted tech support and they updated the bios and cleaned the registry. 

The issue didn't happen until now November 9th this issue just happened again. I would really like the know exactly what is going on with this laptop. It is less then a year old and it shouldn't have these problems. 

My Laptop is the Dell gaming Inspiron 5577. 

I would like to know other people who have this problem and I would like Dell to investigate this issue and fix it. 

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 9th, 2018 15:00

To turn off a frozen laptop just press and hold down the power button until all the lights and sounds go off. It can take 30-60+ seconds to shut off. No need to remove the battery.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

October 31st, 2023 21:01

Helpful video:

November 9th, 2018 16:00

I tried that, but the laptop would not turn off. I would like to know why the keyboard all of a sudden stops working, but the mouse works fine. However when I hit shutdown it won't shut down. The screen will go black and the keyboard lights are still on. 

I don't know if this is a bug of sorts or something hardware related.

1 Message

January 26th, 2020 12:00

THANK YOU for your post! I just encountered this same problem with an Inspiron that's been trouble free for the past 7 years. It would never have occurred to me to remove the battery to fix it, but I followed your advice and it worked like a charm. You're a lifesaver!

No Events found!