Cianb
1 Copper

Dell g5 5590 touchpad not working at all/ wont update drivers

Touchpad was dodgy since I got my pc, only the top half of it worked. Re set my pc several times and tried to re install drivers but I can no longer update them at all. Touchpad is down as "PS/2 Compatible mouse" In device manager, says device is working perfectly but the touchpad doesn't work at all. When I first got my pc precision drivers were installed but I can't for the life of me re install any drivers for the touchpad. The odd time when I boot up the touchpad will work but there are no gestures or 2 finger scrolling, and then when I reboot the touchpad stops working again.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
confuseduser43
3 Argentium

Re: Dell g5 5590 touchpad not working at all/ wont update drivers

Hello,

If your device has a precision touchpad you do not need to install a driver this uses a driver provided by the Windows os to check press windows key + r to open the run dialog type ms-settings:devices-touchpad and look at the top if it says "your device has a precision touchpad" also check if intel Serial IO driver is up2date .

0 Kudos
Cianb
1 Copper

Does not say I have a precision touchpad but definitely did before I re set my pc. The only options I have in the touchpad settings is to change the sensitivity, but if I change it from low to high it doesn't do anything to the speed of my touchpad.
0 Kudos
kdlfghk
1 Copper

Hello, Regarding this issue, I am also facing the same problem you got. Did you solve the problem? If yes, please let me know about it. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Lepri
1 Copper

Funny thing, I have contacted support for the same issue and some agent said that he's not sure this laptop supports multi touch. Facepalm, in 2019 a 1500euros laptop doesn't support multi touch. I'm speechless, been bouncing around for a month trying to find a solution but I all find is complaints and no fix at all.

Thanks, Dell.

EDIT: Can't believe I actually created an account to post this.

0 Kudos