Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

April 27th, 2019 10:00

G5 5590, touchpad not working at all/ wont update drivers

Touchpad was dodgy since I got my pc, only the top half of it worked. Re set my pc several times and tried to re install drivers but I can no longer update them at all. Touchpad is down as "PS/2 Compatible mouse" In device manager, says device is working perfectly but the touchpad doesn't work at all. When I first got my pc precision drivers were installed but I can't for the life of me re install any drivers for the touchpad. The odd time when I boot up the touchpad will work but there are no gestures or 2 finger scrolling, and then when I reboot the touchpad stops working again.

591 Posts

April 27th, 2019 13:00

Hello,

If your device has a precision touchpad you do not need to install a driver this uses a driver provided by the Windows os to check press windows key + r to open the run dialog type ms-settings:devices-touchpad and look at the top if it says "your device has a precision touchpad" also check if intel Serial IO driver is up2date .

2 Posts

April 28th, 2019 14:00

Does not say I have a precision touchpad but definitely did before I re set my pc. The only options I have in the touchpad settings is to change the sensitivity, but if I change it from low to high it doesn't do anything to the speed of my touchpad.

1 Message

June 30th, 2019 06:00

Hello, Regarding this issue, I am also facing the same problem you got. Did you solve the problem? If yes, please let me know about it. Thanks in advance

3 Posts

October 9th, 2019 08:00

Funny thing, I have contacted support for the same issue and some agent said that he's not sure this laptop supports multi touch. Facepalm, in 2019 a 1500euros laptop doesn't support multi touch. I'm speechless, been bouncing around for a month trying to find a solution but I all find is complaints and no fix at all.

Thanks, Dell.

EDIT: Can't believe I actually created an account to post this.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 03:00

I have found a solution.

Windows was constantly trying to install my touchpad as a PS2 connected input device therefore I couldn't get the windows precision drivers to install.

After some searching I've found out that it is a Synaptics device and I found this driver https://www.dell.com/support/home/de/de/dedhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=756gc which can be installed and it will give you the good old Dell touchpad features back.

Extract the package you just downloaded > Go to device manager > find your touchpad device > update driver > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > have disk > > Browse > go to where the package was extracted >  WinWDF > X64 > open SynPD.inf

After this you'll see the Model list which will contain the Dell Touchpad and Touchpad options, select the first one and click next. When it finishes it will ask for a computer restart. You will end up with the Dell touchpad software running in your taskbar and there you can configure your touchpad.

I wish I'd get the chance to talk to that incompetent Dell employee that told me my gaming 1500$ laptop doesn't support full features and show him videos of others having Windows precision drivers installed with full features and also this little workaround I just found.

Will I choose another Dell device after this? No, expensive devices with faulty hardware and incompetent support employees convinced me to look for other manufacturers in the future.

29 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 04:00

@Cianb Try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. It might help you.

July 19th, 2021 12:00

me to have same problem in my dell g15 5500 touchpad not work, no problem of widows no problem of the antivirus ,i have try version live of ubunto and same problem,tochpad not work.

probabily hardware broken? in widows device  the problem is device not respond.

tanks in advance and sorry for my english

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2021 15:00

Hi Giannandrea

Please make sure the touch pad settings is listed as enable in BIOS. You could do this by following steps in link below:

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously until you see BIOS menu

Please click on link below for additional information that might be helpful to you:

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide | Dell US

July 20th, 2021 10:00

have check my system

tanks for you help,in diagnosis in the bios this is the error,you tink that have to open the laptop?

1626803153101.jpg1626803153105.jpg1626803153109.jpg1626803153113.jpg

1626801168120.jpg

July 23rd, 2021 10:00

no solution anymore?

5 Posts

September 24th, 2021 15:00

I tried these steps but no luck. mouse pad works for 5 seconds and then it stops for 10 seconds, then again works for 5 seconds and then again stop to work...

can you please suggest something ?

No Events found!