Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2020 22:00

Dell insprion 17 3790 specs questions

Hi,

I have some specs questions regarding a Dell laptop that I can't locate the info for online. The laptop model is i3790-5824BLK and its service tag is .

First, I was wondering which version HDMI output connector it contains? What is the max resolution of the webcam and is the built-in microphone mono or stereo? Last, how many USB ports does it have in total? Any correct answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 25th, 2020 22:00

@checkel  Even when you only know the system model, that's usually enough to get the specs by simply going to support.dell.com and searching for the model name, although the Service Tag works too if you have it as you seem to.  I searched that tag and then went to the Documentation section, where a "Setup and Specifications" document was available.  Direct link here.  That document indicates that the HDMI output is 1.4b and that it has 3x USB ports -- 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0.  No info about webcam resolution.  As for the microphone, even when laptops have an array microphone setup in order to improve audio capture quality and/or cancel out ambient noise, as far as I know they always deliver a mono audio feed to the system.  Even with external mics that plug into a headphone jack, there's only ever one pin on the 3.5 mm jack assigned to the mic, which means one audio channel.

2 Posts

May 25th, 2020 23:00

Ok, thank you. I searched Dell with the service tag before creating this thread, but did not see the Setup and Specifications document. I see it now, though, and will look for that when I need more info about a specific model.

No Events found!