Start a Conversation

Unsolved

FD

2 Posts

August 16th, 2019 13:00

Error message, Intel Optane Memory Pinning, #2

I have the same problem on a Dell Inspiron that is a month old. Dell wants to charge $300 to fix it. Ridiculous! Let me know if you find a way to resolve it.

October 5th, 2019 12:00

@Frustrated Dell @Barndog17 

Are you still having issues with your error message?  Do you have Intel Optane Memory?  If this response is not related to your error message, please submit a new post with the details of your error message &/or a (cropped) screen shot of your error message.

If you don't have Intel Optane Memory & you get the following error message:  

Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

=========================================================================

CONTENTS OF POST:

•  [1] Solution     [2] Error Message     [3] Details about my experience with this issue

========================================================================

[1] SOLUTION

STEPS TO RESOLVE ISSUE "Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning" | Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll '

• UNINSTALL Intel Optane Software

Start >> Type: Control Panel >> Launch Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> You should see a specific Intel Optane Software Component  >>  Click on Intel Optane Software  >> Click Uninstall >> Restart PC

[2] ERROR MESSAGE:  Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL  Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

(screenshot of error message)

Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL iaStorAfsServiceApi.dllIntel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll

[3] Details about my experience with this issue

• My error started on 29-AUG-2019 after a bigger/longer Windows or Dell update.
  • MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Dell Inspirion 17 5000 Series.
  • Windows 10 Home. 
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz  1.99 GHz;
  • Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB; System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

FYI...   My Dell laptop doesn't have Intel Optane Memory:No Intel Optane Memory on my PCNo Intel Optane Memory on my PC

Note: The resolution above applies to DELL PCs without Intel Optane Memory.  If you have Intel Optane Memory, visit :

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/Intel-Optane-tm-Memory-Pinning-can-not-load-the-file-li...

No Events found!