Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

February 8th, 2020 08:00

Files Deleting Automatically

In my Dell Inspiron 15R, as soon as I’m clicking on any file, it automatically gets deleted. As suggested by Dell Customer Care Call Center, I tried reformatting the windows using the windows media creation tool. I also tried checking for viruses but nothing worked. The problem doesn’t get resolved even after formatting the windows thrice.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 8th, 2020 09:00

Any specific type of files or folders?

How are you deleting them?

Are they put in the recycle bin?

2 Posts

February 8th, 2020 09:00

All files get automatically deleted on clicking them, including files, folders, shortcuts. They go into the recycle bin. If I go to recycle bin to restore them, the moment I click them, they get permanently deleted automatically. 

1.5K Posts

February 8th, 2020 12:00

This definitely sounds viral. What Virus software are you using?

This is a google search on your issue  

Its not likely a Dell issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 8th, 2020 16:00

It sounds like you have your mouse set to delete if right clicked.. I do not know how that might happen but are you clicking using a mouse or the touchpad?

I would probably start by updating the drivers for whatever you are using to click on the files.

1 Message

July 19th, 2020 21:00

Here is the solution

Step 1 -- Open the command prompt with administrative rights. In order to do so, click on the start button, go to Accessories and right click on the Command Prompt. From the drop down menu, right click and select the run as administrator option.

Step 2 -- in command prompt run regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx

if is not installed you can download it from the web and copy mscomct2.ocx in the following folders:

sysWOW64 and System32

Step 3 -- in command prompt run regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx

July 19th, 2020 22:00

Don't open any more files. Copy and paste them to a flash drive or external hard drive. Perform a factory recovery on the laptop. Copy the files back, but don't delete them from the flash drive. Remove the flash drive. Now, try to open them.

Thanks and Best Regards:

1 Message

July 17th, 2021 10:00

I had the same exact problem and i had to disable my touchpad and use my external mouse to resolve the issue. 

No Events found!