Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

98 Posts

November 13th, 2021 09:00

Fingerprint Sign In Not Working

I have a Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

Trying to set up the Fingerprint Login.

I have successfully set it up & used it in the past, but have not used it in quite a while.

Am trying to start using it again.

Keep getting this error message:

"Your device is having trouble recognizing you.  Make sure your sensor is clean."

My sensor is clean. My finger is clean.

I also updated the driver for Goodix fingerprint from Version 1.0.33.300 dated 8-14-2017 to Version 1.0.33.800 dated 5-16-2018

And, I also “enabled” all of the Biometric components in Group Policy.

Since none of that worked, I also ran a Diagnostic on the Dell Website for just the Fingerprint Reader & then for All of the Components.

Everything Passed.

Any help will be appreciated.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 14th, 2021 03:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

98 Posts

November 14th, 2021 13:00

I had been replying to your E-Mails, but just did reply to your Private Message.

Regardless, that Laptop is no longer in warranty.

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

December 26th, 2021 12:00

I have a similar problem. Dell support wants me to reinstall Windows. Not much help otherwise. My fingerprint login will work for a time or two if I reload the driver, but then it won't work. Uninstalling and letting Goodix driver works temporarily too. I think it's a Windows Hello problem that Dell support isn't going to be able to help with. 

98 Posts

December 26th, 2021 16:00

THANKS for the info

No Events found!