Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

March 18th, 2019 09:00

Flashing white Pixels when charger is connected

Starting about 2 months ago, my dell inspiron 7577 with GTX 1060 max gpu has constant flashing white pixels all over the display, but only when the charger is plugged in. I removed the battery in the hope that it was a faulty battery issue causing excess power. However, the flashing white pixels continue even with the battery disconnected.

The issue's severity fluctuates an random. Sometimes very little and sometimes it looks like it is snowing on the display.

I have looked other places online and unfortunately can not find a solution.

• 

17K Posts

March 18th, 2019 10:00

Drthud,

Run the diags on the system to see if anything fails.

ePSA

The Inspiron 7577 is shipped with the Dell™ Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (ePSA) diagnostics.

The Dell ePSA diagnostics perform a complete check of your system hardware. The ePSA is embedded in the BIOS and is launched by the BIOS internally (from the advanced boot menu). The embedded system diagnostics provide a set of options for particular devices or device groups allowing you to:

• Run tests automatically or in an interactive mode
  • Repeat tests
  • Display or save test results
  • Run thorough tests to introduce additional test options to provide extra information about the failed device(s)
  • View status messages that inform you if tests are completed successfully
  • View error messages that inform you of problems encountered during testing

Launching the ePSA Diagnostics

• Tap F12 key repeatedly during system startup (at the Dell logo screen) until the BIOS Boot Menu appears on the screen.
  • On the Boot Menu screen, select Diagnostics option, and then press Enter.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your Registered name
Email address
Phone number

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 10:00

flashing white pixels all over the display is Overheating.

It only does this when charger is attached because it down-clocks things to save power when on battery.

Dust bunnies have clogged the fans and intake.

No Events found!