Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

10 Posts

June 16th, 2020 02:00

G7 7790 - Where is the second HDD rack ?

Hi community,

i send a bottle to the sea ...

but, why dell replace the second rack HDD by an bigger battery cell? (on the older version the rack is present)

the rack and connector is not present ...

this PC is an gaming laptop and just 350GB storage is not enought for the game installation.

any support or someone know?

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 16th, 2020 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @meura 

You would need to increase the size of your HDD.

Or purchase the 4 cell battery, Interposer and caddy.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/g-series-17-7790-laptop/g7-17-service-manual/procedure-applicable-only-on-computers-shipped-with-4-cell-battery?guid=guid-e15d7d5b-fe25-4e17-9b69-1a6b27b8fda0&lang=en-us

Best regards,

U2

272 Posts

June 16th, 2020 03:00

You may have missed it. 7790 has vacant space for a HDD.

What were the default options you chose while buying the Laptop?

The options you chose for configuring the laptop are responsible for the laptop specifications. So chose the specifications wisely before adding the laptop to the shopping cart.

10 Posts

June 16th, 2020 04:00

hi,

this options is not available and not notified when i buy the PC,
the vacant space is occuped by a extendable batterie.

i dont pay for a missing option made by dell.
the 4 cell battery, Interposer and caddy are not sell by dell ... (dixit the reply of the support & spare service)

how can I do ?

thx for the reply.

10 Posts

June 16th, 2020 06:00

i forget to tell the PC have 1 month ... 1 month that I try to have dell for a solution ... thx

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

June 16th, 2020 06:00

You now know your options:

1.  Install a larger M.2 SSD.

2.  Install a smaller battery and 2.5" drive (NOT recommended to do - the system is power-intensive and you likely won't get much runtime out of a 4-cell battery;  also, many newer system use hybrid power, requiring the use of the battery AND AC adapter together.

3.  Use an external USB 3 hard drive.

10 Posts

June 16th, 2020 09:00

hi @ ejn63, yes i know the solutions, but it's not good. this is a gaming configuration and i need to paid for an upgrade (normaly in the base configuration ..) 2k for a gaming PC and need to pay more for to be a real gaming pc. play with a External HDD is not serious i'm very disappointed with this PC!

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

June 16th, 2020 13:00

If the system was purchased from Dell, and in a location where Dell supplies a 30-day satisfaction guarantee (US, Canada, at least part of Europe), you can return the system and order a model more suited to your needs.

If you need 2.5" drive support, you'll likely be looking at an Alienware system -- or XPS (though note most of these have similar limitations on installing 2.5" drives;  that is, you cannot with the larger battery).

No Events found!