Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

November 2nd, 2018 00:00

G7 overheating?

Hi, as you can read i own a dell g7, it works perfectly and I really love it but I've one question.

When I'm playing BF1 for example the core's temperature reaches 90° and i'm very concerned about that, my question is:

Can I change the termal paste for my own without cancel or affect my warranty and also, have you experienced something like this?

The computer is almost new (I bought it 2 weeks ago)

Thanks for reading :D 

1 Rookie

• 

108 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 08:00

It's because of the BIOS version 1.4.1 and 1.5.0. We're all waiting for Dell to fix this.

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2021 04:00

Some learnings so far about the G7 7588 from dell ( i7 8750H with Max-Q 1060 GTX 6gb):

- Necessary to repaste it with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - It starts working properly on battery (possible to use it vs 800mhz in the past making it impossible to use) and you can play any game without thermal throttling.

- Necessary to have a SSD NVME and remove the HDD. The HDD draws power and causes instability, you can see that by looking Intel XTU`s Power Limit throttling. It still occurs but with less damage to the performance. Besides that, its necessary to deactivate everything that draws power but isn`t in use, like the bluetooth, wifi (if you use ethernet), etc. And I reccomend using a second monitor as main screen (Don`t use mirroed or two screens together, draws power for the Intel GPU).By doing all that, is possible to achieve even higher overclocks on the Nvidia GTX 1060.

- I bought a 330W power supply from allienware to avoid any losses against the 180W that came together with the notebook.

No Events found!