Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2019 11:00

HDMI Port is not working on 7567 After Fresh Install

Hello,

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 onto my dell 7567. I installed this onto the m.2 ssd I have. I use the other HDD on my laptop for storage, documents, etc. I have installed all my drivers and everything. Yesterday I was about to watch a movie and I plugged in the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on my laptop and nothing happened. I tried a few more times and got the same result. Usually what happens is that the computer screen blacks out and then appears on my TV. I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

February 18th, 2019 14:00

@Teetertotter: From what I can see the BIOS is already updated to the latest one. I have actually got it working now. I overlooked some of the most basic things. Once I plugged in the HDMI cable my laptop was set to laptop screen only. I went into display settings and made sure it displayed on my TV and that fixed the problem. Thanks everyone for the help.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 18th, 2019 13:00

I would suggest you download "Dell Command Upgrade" Version 3.0 for Windows 10, it will require you to uninstall Dell Assistant and Dell Update. Once it's installed you manually run it. And Install the recommended drivers.

Most likely Windows update has installed an incompatible hardware driver and that is causing the issue

@Clintlgm : Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded it. I checked and I do not have programs called dell assistant or dell update installed on my computer. The symbol of the dell command update looks familiar and I believe it was one of the symbols that were always there in the bottom right in the task bar. After I open it up and click check it says the system is up to date. There is another option called advanced driver restore for windows reinstallation. When I click that an error comes up saying "Warning: a problem occurred while restoring the OS drivers" 

Any Ideas?

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

Did you download version 3 or 2.4?   version 3 is for windows 10 and is an app, not a program I have no icon in my notification area. Ver 2.4 is for Windows 7 &8 and is a desktop program, not an app.

Windows Command Update 3.0  is run manually.

Otherwise, you could try to repair your windows Image using the DISM tools

293 Posts

Or performing an update to the BIOS??

February 18th, 2019 15:00

Yes I did download 3.0 for windows 10. Okay. I have had this laptop since 2017 and just reinstalled windows recently. Maybe it is no longer program. 

No Events found!