Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

April 18th, 2019 23:00

Help please urgent: Blue screen of death

Hello, I have a dell inspiron 3520 and yesterday it stopped to boot. Please help I have my important work on my laptop.

Everytime I try to restart the laptop, the dell logo appears and aftersome time a blue screen comes up with "Recovery" at the top and the following message.

"Your pc couldn't start properly

After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc failed to start and, so it needs to be repaired.

Error 0xc0000001

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you dont have any installation media(like a disc or usb device), contact your system administrator or pc manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again

Press F8 for Startup Settings

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings"

I've perfomed all diagnostics test but everytime my laptop shows this blue screen with recovery message. Please do necessary as i've my important works in my laptop. The service tag of my laptop is: . 

Thanks a lot and i hope the problem can be resolved.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 19th, 2019 01:00

4 Posts

April 19th, 2019 03:00

Hello. Thanks for the reply. Kindly note that i already removed the HDD. I wanted to know if there is other solution to this problem or I just need to replace the HDD by a new one? And if so, will it clear the problem? Thanks again

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 19th, 2019 04:00

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

April 19th, 2019 07:00

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 19th, 2019 07:00

You should not post info about your system, such as a Service Tag, please remove.

Are you still running Windows 7 on that system?  The recovery options are different for a particular OS.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 19th, 2019 08:00

I am trying to remember how Win 8 works but it was the first version of the automatic recovery options.  I did a test once and deleted the BCD store to see what would happen.  I got the same message about not being able to repair but I saw a cancel button and clicked on it and the system restarted normally.  The repair had done its job but did not know it had.

If it gives you an option to start the system in Safe Mode, you might try that.  Maybe this has already been suggested but I can't see those responses right now.

4 Posts

Hello sorry didn't know that the service tag is prohibited. And no I have window 8.

Thanks

4 Posts

Thanks a lot guys. I will try to do the necessary as you suggested. Hope it works else I will revert back to you people.

Kind regards

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

No Events found!