Start a Conversation

Unsolved

HD

1 Message

July 8th, 2019 00:00

How to connect Inspiron 7559 with 2 external monitors that have VGA and HDMI input?

Hello everyone, I'm using Dell Inspiron 7559 Laptop and i also have 2 monitor which one is using VGA port to connect and another is using HDMI to connect. So i want to connect both of these monitors to my laptop via HDMI port, but i don't know which hub/adapter/switching or some device that can connect both of them and using 1 output HDMI to connect to my laptop? Hope to see your advising. :)

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 8th, 2019 07:00

@Hung Dang  if you want to use the external displays in Mirror mode, then you can use an HDMI splitter.  If you want to use them in Extend mode so that each display shows different content, then you can't connect two independent displays to a single HDMI output.  The only connector that supports running multiple independent displays from a single output is DisplayPort (or a USB-C port that supports video output, since USB-C provides a DisplayPort signal.)  Since your Inspiron 7559 only has an HDMI output, you don't have a way to attach more than one external display that will be driven directly by the GPU.  The only way to use additional displays would be through USB adapters that use DisplayLink technology (completely different from DisplayPort), but DisplayLink comes with a lot of drawbacks that I've written about in detail in this thread, specifically the post marked as the answer.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

July 8th, 2019 16:00

You would probably be better off using your Thunderbolt port and buy an docking station, if you don't have TB you probably have a USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Display buy your docking station for that port.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-Adapter-USB-C-450-AFGM/dp/B079H74ZD1/ref=asc_df_B079H74ZD1/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309776868400&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16602004896860731372&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9025216&hvtargid=pla-593018034714&psc=1

Edit just looked up your model, it appears that you only have a USB 3.1 Gen 1.

What you need to do is go to support/login/ input your model and SERVICE TAG Number, download your as-built spec's That will tell you exactly what you have for Input and Output if none of your USB Ports are USB 3.1 with Display your probably **bleep**. I see USB 3.0 dock on Amazon I don't know if or how well they will work with a standard USB 3.1 port I think Dell even sells one. I would look at the Reviews on Amazon and maybe the manufacturer will have a forum for the user where you can find out if they work and how well on standard USB 3.1 gen 1 port.  Goggle is your friend The Dock I linked you too is USB 3.1 C gen 1  Requires the port to support Display. It works excellent but you have to have the correct port to use it.

No Events found!