Traldera
1 Copper

How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspiron 13 7000 2in1 (7373)

Hi,
I am trying to disable the dell Dynamic Brightness Control feature on my inspiron. This dynamically changes the screen colour profile based on screen content.
I have already disabled the windows 'Enable Adaptive Brightness' setting so its not that
Intel graphics settings are all set to off.

I need the equivalent of this:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=20JWV&fileId=35745...

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Aniessh Sethh
3 Silver

Re: How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspiron 13 7000 2in1 (2017)

I am facing the exact same issue in inspiron 7373 core i7 model, a way to disable it would be appreciated

0 Kudos
dell-robert p
7 Gold

Re: How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspiron 13 7000 2in1 (2017)

Thanks everyone for their input.

I am going to try to escalate this Inspiron 13-7373, Dell DBC (Dynamic Brightness Control) complaint.

To do so, send me a private message with the following information =
Inspiron 13-7373 service tag number
Your full name
Your shipping address
Your phone number

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Robert

Sid_sharma
1 Copper

Re: How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspiron 13 7000 2in1 (7373)

Hi everyone,

I am also facing the exact same issue with my brand new 7373 laptop. It is so disturbing that working on the laptop is getting difficult. Eyes are paining a lot due to continuous fluctuation of bright Ness. I have disabled the adoptive bright Ness setting. Still facing the issue only while on battery mode. @dellservices are not able to provide any solution for this. So please help us.

Regards.
Sid
Josh M
1 Copper

Re: How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspiron 13 7000 2in1 (7373)

That fact that this terrible "feature" is still making it's way to Dell laptops is ridiculous. This was fixed a while back on the XPS line after many, many customer complaints with a bios update that allowed it to be turned off. Why can't we get that on our machines? 

0 Kudos
apandey287
3 Argentum

Open Device manager<Monitors<Right Click on Generic PnP Monitor and choose Update Driver < Browse my computer for Driver software<Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer<Choose Generic Pnp Monitor

Or

Open Device manager<Display adapter<Right Click on Intel Hd graphics and choose Update Driver < Browse my computer for Driver software<Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer<Choose Microsoft basic display adapter.

Change your display resolution to default

0 Kudos
Igor-S
1 Copper

Re: How to disable Dell Dynamic Brightness Control on Inspir

I'm having the same problem. It seems like there is no way to disable this annoying function. No BIOS option, no driver setting, no power option, etc.

0 Kudos
Eschmacher
1 Copper

Rob PM'd me a couple registry tweaks that based on the key names, sounds like it only affects playing video. They didn't solve the issue. He also said that it is working as designed. I don't know about you all, but regardless of the design, this is something anyone should have the ability to turn on or off at their discretion. I don't understand the lack of support to disable this feature...

0 Kudos
Eschmacher
1 Copper

I have updated to the new 1.9.1 bios update, it seems like the dynamic contrast is gone? Can anyone else confirm?

Edit: still does it on battery, but not when plugged in.

0 Kudos
himalya
1 Copper

Hello,

The Dynamic Brightness Control option can be disabled in the latest BIOS for Inspiron 7373. Just update the BIOS to 1.10, then go to BIOS, go to the video section and there you'll find the Dynamic Brightness Control option. Disable it! It'll work just fine.

0 Kudos