Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2020 04:00

INSPIRON 5594, HEATING ISSUE

I HAVE A NEW DELL INSPIRON 5594 BUT IT HAS A HEATING ISSUE... THE BASE BECOMES REALLY HOT EVEN IF I KEEP MY SETTINGS ON COOL IN THE DELL POWER MANAGER... THE FAN DOESN'T ACTUALLY MAKE ANY NOISE...

WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THE HEAT.. I CANT EVEN KEEP IT ON MY LAP

March 11th, 2020 01:00

it is only half a month laptop, i dont think so that it needs cpu and gpu repasting..

also the ISSUE IS NOW OK..

the laptop is not heated nowadays...

it is very cool and normal..

also, i wasn't yelling.

1.5K Posts

March 4th, 2020 08:00

Your computer is new you have a warranty, contact tech support, sound like a hardware issue.https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/?~ck=mn

March 4th, 2020 21:00

it is not

1.5K Posts

March 5th, 2020 08:00

I HAVE A NEW DELL INSPIRON 5594 

Since it not new after all, have you Checked Task Manager/ Performance to see if your CPU is working normally Your GPU is working normally if so and you're still overheating

You should open up your notebook and clean the Airflow passages and Fan or Fans

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook

So if your CPU and GPU are not Running at 100% and your Air Flow is unobstructed

most likely you'll need to Repaste the CPU and GPU etc 

Here is a link that might help you troubleshoot exactly what your issue is. https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln149611/dell-portable-system-heat-issue-or-the-system-is-overheating?lang=en

March 5th, 2020 21:00

FIRSTLY, MY LAPTOP IS ONLY HALF A MONTH OLD!!

SECOND, I CHECK, MY CPU AND GPU ARE WORKING VERY MUCH NORMALLY!!!

FANS ARE ALSO OK

1.5K Posts

March 6th, 2020 13:00

You should contact Support as it appears that you need your CPU and or GPU Repasted.

There is no point in yelling here in the User to User forum 

1.5K Posts

March 11th, 2020 08:00

Cool that you figured it out. The age of the notebook has no bearing on the quality of the pasting of CPU & GPU sometimes the factory does not get it right. You eliminate the clogged or defective cooling system. Determined that your CPU and GPU were not running consistently over 90%. I suppose this information led you to solve your overheating issue.

March 11th, 2020 09:00

MIGHT HAVE!

No Events found!