Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

May 13th, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 13 7000: worst battery life ever, great computer. any solutions?

I got an Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 laptop from Best Buy because I am a diehard Dell person. One of the best computers I've ever had with the absolute worst battery i've ever had. any solutions? I have maximized the battery life to the best of my knowledge. I've had it for almost a year, and barely get an hour's use of if unplugged. 

• 

16.7K Posts

May 13th, 2019 10:00

stagediva432,

Click the links below for troubleshooting and resolving battery issues.

The Battery drains quicker than expected on a Dell notebook with Modern Standby mode enabled

Battery

Click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your registered name,email address and phone number

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 19:00

I'm having the exact same problem. I love my Inspiron, but the battery has been awful since I bought it, and I keep having the issue of it saying that it's on low battery yet will stay on 0% for an hour.

December 31st, 2019 11:00

I have the same problem. I like the computer but the battery life has been a problem since I got it. And I now cannot operate the computer at all unless it is plugged in. I have used Dells for years, both as personal and work computers, and this is the first time I have ever had a battery problem. It is obviously a Dell battery/system problem. 

1 Message

January 1st, 2020 09:00

Hello Carl,

could you tell me which exact model spec and year your'e using, im seriously looking to buy the Inspirion 2-1 but battery life is a really big part of my decision making.
Im currently looking at the Dell Inspirion 13' 7000 2-1 i5-10210U, 8GB ram, 512GB NVME, 1080P Touch display.
Iv'e tried looking for reviews but haven't found any on this one.

If anyone has any other intel regarding i'd love to hear it.
The other option is the HP Spectre, but it is pricier yet has a amazing battery life.

Thank you very much,

Harry

1 Message

January 2nd, 2020 11:00

I purchased this to do work and at times have no power - so for me, this computer was a bad choice in hindsight.  I am lucky to achieve two hours just running word and another accounting program - no graphics or movie!  I tried running a movie on a flight and did not get to see the end as it ran flat.

I contacted Dell by email to find if there was a solution but have not received a reply to date.

I would suggest you look at a different alternative.  I have purchased many Dell computers over the years, but this may be my last one.

1 Message

February 21st, 2020 10:00

I have the same issue with my Inspiron 13 7000 2 in 1. The battery life is short.

1 Message

February 26th, 2020 19:00

Same problem, I like the laptop but the battery only lasts barely an hour unplugged.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2020 20:00

Help. Battery dies after 2 hours. Computer is 14 months old. Not heavy use at all.

Any fixes???

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 4th, 2020 12:00

Hi Crsteel

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows.

Example: Dell Inspiron 13 7378 (7000 series], windows 10

If you don't know, type msinfo32 onto the search box, stroll down to System Model in system information, you should be able to see it now.

In the meantime, run Dell Diagnostic to check battery health and the other hardware within the computer. You could do this by following steps below.

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing One Time Boot Menu in top right corner of screen. In Dell Preboot menu, select Diagnostic. After quick tests, select Primary Battery and then Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code on the battery.

ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment Dell (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/qeHNSxW7VSM

Please note all rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade:

Typical user - noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months.

Power user - reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months.

Dell Laptop Battery - Frequently Asked Questions

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128667/dell-laptop-battery-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en

1 Message

April 11th, 2020 10:00

i bought this laptop 2 weeks ago and the battery is too weak ! is there a sloution or should i just return it ?!! ::((

1 Message

April 13th, 2020 09:00

Just bought mine and I get about three hours of battery life. 

1 Message

May 27th, 2020 14:00

Jess, I have same problem battery worked less than a year and started slowing performance, when I contacted customer service they have said batter is not under warranty and offered to buy online with discounted coupon. I see many people are complain its defiantly a product problem, even though I complained your customer service is not favorable. 

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 10:00

I'm having exactly the same issues - have a Dell Inspiron 7370.  Had it just over a year and battery is draining fast.  Was OK to begin with.  I tried your approach but as it started testing the various areas, I kept getting the following message.  Despite the battery being fully charged up.  Please advise.  Thank you!

Dell.jpg

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 10:00

Pays to do the research before you buy..... Won't be buying Dell again!

August 12th, 2020 03:00

I  do have the same issue ,,, there is something wrong with laptop which kill battery life ....

DELL support authorized Centers in dubai , they offer to buy new battery .... then what every year to change one !!!!

No Events found!