Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

1 Message

February 15th, 2019 01:00

Inspiron 13 7378 2-in-1 Audio Crackling

I've had this constant problem with this gods-forsaken computer whenever I have headphones in. It never used to be like this - the first couple months I had this Inspiron, it worked fine... while I was playing WoW, the audio suddenly cut out. I updated my drivers, and suddenly... crackling. Terrible, incessant crackling. This only happens when I have headphones in.

I have tried every fix - updating my drivers, rewinding my drivers, uninstalling SmartByte, everything. Switching to high-definition fixed the first problem - awful crackling when two tabs giving sound were open - but now there's a constant crackling whenever I'm listening to sound with headphones in. Every fix I have tried has not worked.

Please, if anyone knows something, let me know.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 15th, 2019 05:00

Hi xoadrenaline,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Since your post indicates you've tried everything, just wanted to be sure you've tried the troubleshooting in these articles from the Dell knowledge base:

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

How to Fix Audio Problems

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!